Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Street Performance Baffles

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 01:05 PM
DravenGSX
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE Street Performance Baffles

I recently purchased an '08 Fat Bob that has the SE Street Performance slip-ons. While I love the look, they are dead silent. I read the threads here that I could find about removing the baffles and drilling additional holes in them to adjust the volume level and gave it a shot last weekend with zero success.

I removed the two tamper torx bolts from the end caps and then tried to use a trick that I found here - Attached locking vice grips to the exit side of the baffle, placed pliers against the screw on the vice grips and then used a hammer to attempt and pull it out. After about 30 minutes of banging and a blood blister, the baffle didn't budge.

Attempt #2 - Removed the muffler from the bike and stuffed a piece of wood in the inlet side of the pipe, then gave it a bunch of whacks with the hammer. Admittedly, it is difficult to maintain a good grip on the muffler using this technique. Again though, didn't budge... nothing.

Just so I'm not crazy - these things are removable, right? I don't see any welds anywhere, though the baffle is definitely snug against the inside of the muffler. There looks to be a little bit of rust around the edges of the baffles, so maybe I just need some anti-seize spray and a bigger FH?

Any other tricks?

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

#2 worked for me. Sounds like that ant-seize idea is best.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Red89
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but how'd this turn out? I'm having the same problem right now!!