Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 street bob starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 12:57 AM
willyd465
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 street bob starting issues

i posted this into the electrical forum, but i need to get the bike running by friday for a ride with my father up through northern michigan, but here it goes copied from my other post....

hi all, i have an 07 street bob with the tc96. i went to the garage to start my bike and turned the key and the fuel pump kicked on and lights turned on like normal, but when i pressed the start button i got nothing. the bike has the harley key fob that has to be in close proximity while starting but it was on the key when i went to start it. also i tried hooking up a battery charger and that got me know where. any ideas as to what it could be??

second related question, the wires to my rear turn signals rubbed my tire and broke, i doubt it is but is the turn signal wiring on the same circuit as the ignition?

Old 05-15-2012, 04:21 AM
theoneandonlyhoppy
Advanced

If I'm not mistaken the security and turn signals share the same board.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:42 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Make sure it's in neutral also. I found that out the hard way

Old 05-15-2012, 10:34 AM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 153 Likes on 101 Posts

Original battery in the fob? If so, change the battery in the fob.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:05 AM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by willyd465
...i need to get the bike running by friday...07 street bob...when i pressed the start button i got nothing...
the wires to my rear turn signals rubbed my tire and broke...
You knew your bike wasn't fully operational but waited until the last minute to repair it. Once you have repaired the damaged wiring, check that the kill switch is "ON", replace the fob battery and check the fuse panel and battery ground.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:10 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

The first thing I would check is the starter wire, crank it and check the small wire on the starter solenoid, if you get power, replace starter. If no power occurs while you crack, check the circuit between starter switch-relay-starter, it could be security problem too, start from basic.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:08 PM
willyd465
6th Gear

Originally Posted by lo-rider
You knew your bike wasn't fully operational but waited until the last minute to repair it. Once you have repaired the damaged wiring, check that the kill switch is "ON", replace the fob battery and check the fuse panel and battery ground.

its not so much i waited till last minute to fix it, it rubbed and broke the last time i rode it, then i got shipped out of state for work for a couple months. now that im back home i went to go for a ride and no start... but i will repair the wiring and replace the fob battery and see where that gets me. thanks for the help everybody, i will keep you updated with any more questions.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:22 PM
grizzwold
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had the same problem with my '07 SB (before I sold it). It turned out to be the battery in the key fob. If I'm not mistaken there is an override code (found it in the owners manual) for the security system that should get it started...if it is the fob causing the problem.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:42 AM
willyd465
6th Gear

update...

i rewired the rear turn signals and secured the wires better than what factory had so i dont have to worry about hitting the tire again. i then put a new battery in my key fob. well it still wont crank, its acting like the fob isnt there... i turn the key on with the kill switch on and the fuel pump kicks on, lights on, and on the console i get the neutral light and the oil light... any more ideas???

Old 05-20-2012, 02:32 PM
hpjunkie
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My wifes 07 Low Rider did the same thing. It turned out to be the starter relay. Took the old one to autozone and matched it up. Just swap out the fuel pump relay with the starter relay and see if it cranks, if it does then go buy a new one and done.

Last edited by hpjunkie; 05-20-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Quick Reply: 07 street bob starting issues