Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front suspension upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 11:53 PM
mike13
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Any updates on this?

Old 06-07-2012, 08:20 AM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

The springs showed up the day after I left for a three week trip. I'll be back home tomorrow and will get the bike together Saturday. Sorry for the delay.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:59 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior

I was sent springs for a street glide. Not sure how they messed it up after I corrected him twice and told him FXDB with a 49mm front end. I'm in the process of moving so I'm throwing the ricors in with the stock springs so i can mive the bike and will tear it down again once the correct springs show up. It was a bummer after waiting for 5 weeks to do this to have the wrong springs on hand. On the plus side, my new bars and risers arrived and I'll be throwing those on tomorrow. Lots of guys will hate on those too.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:14 PM
MJGomz
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update on your front end? Still waiting on the right springs? I'm hoping to install my Ohlins rears on Monday, but trying to figure out a plan for the front end.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:20 PM
lotsofchrome
Stage I
Default Stickage lol

Guys I have a 2004 fatboy and I installed chrome lower legs ... Harley advised me to use screaming eagle oil ... To me it seems it's not springing back up like it should .., it's all stock spring and components

Old 06-18-2012, 09:47 PM
Austin Dave
Road Master

SE fork oil comes in 2 weights: Heavy and Heavier. It's not meant for street suspensions. I'd go by/use what is specified in your Owners manual or your Service Manual.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:49 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

That heavier oil will slow the damping, therefore the slowed response you are getting.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:37 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior

I installed the intimidators with the stock springs until the new springs show up. I will say that stock springs, unmodified intimidators, and 10wt Amsoil shock therapy is MUCH better than the works triple rate springs and Amsoil 10 wt I was running. I didn't mess with setting the sag but I will once I get the new springs. Brake dive is all but gone and the front end stays pretty neutral when I'm hard on the gas. I did a 200+ ride Saturday and it didn't beat me up at all. I ran the bike pretty hard and I really have no complaints. I do have some front end clunk but I'm sure that's due to blowing through the soft initial rate of the stock springs. I really think I'll be happy just changing the springs to a rate matched to my weight.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:42 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ryderbiker
I installed the intimidators with the stock springs until the new springs show up. I will say that stock springs, unmodified intimidators, and 10wt Amsoil shock therapy is MUCH better than the works triple rate springs and Amsoil 10 wt I was running. I didn't mess with setting the sag but I will once I get the new springs. Brake dive is all but gone and the front end stays pretty neutral when I'm hard on the gas. I did a 200+ ride Saturday and it didn't beat me up at all. I ran the bike pretty hard and I really have no complaints. I do have some front end clunk but I'm sure that's due to blowing through the soft initial rate of the stock springs. I really think I'll be happy just changing the springs to a rate matched to my weight.
What springs are you getting?

Old 06-18-2012, 11:01 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior

1.1 kg single rate from Traxxion Shocks. They are the only company I found that made a true single rate for the 49mm forks.

Quick Reply: Front suspension upgrade