Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob read-ended... :^(

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Pappy1955
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Bob read-ended... :^(

Sitting 4th in line at a stop-light, yesterday. Woman in a big Tahoe slammed into me from the rear. Bike went over, I don't really know if I went down with it or just jumped off (a bit dazed) as over it went. Rear tail light and license tag all forced up under the fender - all the way up on top of the tire. Throw-over bag brackets broken, and various nicks, scratches etc.

Wearing a bright orange vest on a clear sunny day. "I didn't see you, says she (cell phone in hand). She gets ticketed for 'failure to observe to avoid an accident' and not having license on her.

Anyhow, bike picked up by a tow truck and taken to nearby yard to wait for adjusters.

I'm going to have my doc check me out Monday as my back and neck are a bit sore.

From everyone's experience, what sort of hidden damage should I be concerned about on my 2012 Fat Bob?

Thanks

Pappy

Old 05-06-2012, 02:41 PM
atretes1
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear hope all goes well.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:26 PM
chamba
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pappy1955
From everyone's experience, what sort of hidden damage should I be concerned about
biggest thing to worry about is that the bitch prolly didnt learn her lesson. surely see runs into another moto before she finally kills someone. thats the only hidden damage I can think of....
alignment, shocks, complete fender and it parts, sprocket, rim, tire??? hard to say... did you get a pic of the Tahoe so someone can whip her? some guys here got whips for that right? I'd a threatened her to take care of it without insurance, cause unless its a total loss then the insurance leaves you with something....
Here in Texas there a only big trucks, but still that don't mean we gotta treat em like a wreck em up derby.
Sorry to hear that idiots got you. stay safe out there. If you see her again get some peaceful revenge.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Spud17
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I probably would have ripped the cell phone out of her hand and thrown it as far as I could lol.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:56 PM
cramil
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gotta think that with a Dyna's transmission mounted swingarm, getting rear ended would probably damage the trans case and possibly the other motor mounts.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Sammy1200N
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Go to a doctor and get x rays. Then hire an attorney. The mess you are going to go through, the attorney handles everything for you. I never believed in getting a lawyer until I was rear ended a couple years ago. It is overwhelming what you have to go through. Glad you walked away. Bike can be repaired or replaced.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cramil
I gotta think that with a Dyna's transmission mounted swingarm, getting rear ended would probably damage the trans case and possibly the other motor mounts.
+1. check the swingarm, motor mounts, trans case, and where the trans case meets the motor. it might be alright but wouldnt hurt to check.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Sorry dude. Bike will fixed up soon I bet. Glad you are good. Hopefully doc says same.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Govno
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by o_leary17
I probably would have ripped the cell phone out of her hand and thrown it as far as I could lol.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:24 PM
smokingpig
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been down this road before when i was rear ended..
get checked out by Dr... i would have gone to er after accident... get some phycial therapy, miss a few days of work. will help with the claim later. don't be in a hurry to settle.
Get a lawyer. do not under any circumstances talk to her insurance company. refer them to you lawyer. Thier claims adjuster will call, they will be friendly, act like your best friend. try to get you to say things that you will whish you didn't later. their job is to settle the claim for the least amount of money they can.
i'm not saying all this to help you take them to the cleaners, just so that you get a fair settlement.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob read-ended... :^(