Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob read-ended... :^(

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Rustyrider
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you are OK...I would "own" the hag..Just saying.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:20 AM
TCooper4653
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HBomb74
Good to hear you were able to walk away, man. A lesson from this: ALWAYS stay in 1st gear when stopped at a light and WATCH YOUR SIX! More than a few times I have shot forward in between cars to avoid being rear ended by some moron behind the wheel.
Almost same thing this weekend, luckily I was able to get out of the way. Even flashing the brake light didn't catch his eye.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:49 AM
markp66
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this cell problem is WAY out of hand. I am all about personal freedoms but this phone problem is gonna get people killed.
It seems every time I travel, bike or cage, I see someone crossing the center line, off the side of the road, all kinds of up in someone else's business before they realize it, etc.
Just yesterday an oncoming car was slowing to turn, using their signal and all, and all of a sudden the idiot behind them crams the brakes and swerves into my lane to avoid rear ending the car. I saw it coming and was ready for it but still to busy trying to stay upright to give him the bird. As I passed by I could see one hand on the wheel and one hand holding his phone.
I don't have the answer but a pocket full of ball bearings would be handy some days!

Old 05-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer

Glad you're ok.. DEFINITELY get checked out by a doc (x-rays, m.r.i., etc...). You won't believe what will show up after a couple of weeks or the next time it rains...
I would've kicked her mirror right off the side of her car...just for the "feel-good"; knowing full well that she'll get it from her insurance.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Smashapotamus
Intermediate

That's scary man, glad to hear you're okay thus far. I had a similar incident happen recently with someone behind me rear ending my Dyna at a stop light. It was much lower speed and no damage was done but it was enough to startle and **** me off. Same thing, chick was fiddling with her cell phone while stopped behind me at a light, her foot slipped off of the brake pedal while driving with sandals on and she rolled right into me with my wife on the back.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:10 PM
CMC
Road Captain

That's terrifying.

I'm going to chime in here as the once voice advising against getting a lawyer, immediately. And I am a lawyer, albeit not a PI guy.

Any attorney you're going to get is going to take a third on contingency, unless you're getting a bro deal from someone you know. Find out yourself what her policy limit is and demand that sum from the carrier yourself. Get a copy of the policy from the other side. Your carrier might help you with this - you have USAA? Ask them for an assist.

You don't really want to go to court over this, it's a huge pain in the *** and will take a long time. Seems pretty likely to me that the carrier would pay out the full limit on these facts.

If you're demanding over the policy limit the carrier may defend the action in order to protect their insured.

Good luck!

Old 05-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Pappy1955
Advanced
Default Out of work for a bit...

My wife is a very superstitious Thai lady. She tells me that no matter what happens with the FB - I can't ride it anymore, and I'll have to get a new one.

Sounds nice, eh?

Only thing is, I don't see anything I like as much as I do my 2012 FXDF.

Pappy