Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob read-ended... :^(

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 05:52 PM
twerkman2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is so sad man sorry to hear.
I was in an accident years ago it didnt hit me until a day later I got a lawyer and all went well. I could hardly walk for about a month drunk driver he was get pictures also. good luck

Old 05-06-2012, 06:40 PM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Pappy1955
Sitting 4th in line at a stop-light, yesterday. Woman in a big Tahoe slammed into me from the rear. Bike went over, I don't really know if I went down with it or just jumped off (a bit dazed) as over it went. Rear tail light and license tag all forced up under the fender - all the way up on top of the tire. Throw-over bag brackets broken, and various nicks, scratches etc.

Wearing a bright orange vest on a clear sunny day. "I didn't see you, says she (cell phone in hand). She gets ticketed for 'failure to observe to avoid an accident' and not having license on her.

Anyhow, bike picked up by a tow truck and taken to nearby yard to wait for adjusters.

I'm going to have my doc check me out Monday as my back and neck are a bit sore.

From everyone's experience, what sort of hidden damage should I be concerned about on my 2012 Fat Bob?

Thanks

Pappy
What no cell phone violation?
My concerns would be in order:
Your back
The backbone on the bike
Tranny

Now as far as other driver is concerned, I am not a huge "sue the bastards" but this is an exception!
Bob

Old 05-06-2012, 07:06 PM
risinoutlaw
Advanced

Wait, 'failure to observe to avoid an accident'? Sounds like she didn't avoid any accident; getting rear ended is very much an accident. I'm not a sue happy person, but this lady needs to learn her lesson before she potentially hurts/kills another rider. Lawyer up, and make sure you're taken care of and she doesn't get off easy.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:35 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Pappy, you are probably not one of theses sue happy people, as most here aint, but in this instance, sue the hell out of her, go to emergency room and meet your doc and lawyer there. I have a nice 10inch scar from back surgery from an accident (military) 25 years before, you never know how much damage you have til one day you cant walk from the extreme pain. I encourage you to take this lady to court and sue the hell out of her, call the police and ask why she didn't get a cell phone ticket, or worse. These cell drivers are taking us out like we are the weekly trash, time to give it back to them. They need to learn its not okay to kill and maim us without paying a penalty. 6000 people die every year in the US from distracted driving (cell phone driving), this needs to stop. Do your part Pappy. Hope you get well and back up and running soon, get that bike checked real well too.

Originally Posted by Pappy1955
Sitting 4th in line at a stop-light, yesterday. Woman in a big Tahoe slammed into me from the rear. Bike went over, I don't really know if I went down with it or just jumped off (a bit dazed) as over it went. Rear tail light and license tag all forced up under the fender - all the way up on top of the tire. Throw-over bag brackets broken, and various nicks, scratches etc.

Wearing a bright orange vest on a clear sunny day. "I didn't see you, says she (cell phone in hand). She gets ticketed for 'failure to observe to avoid an accident' and not having license on her.

Anyhow, bike picked up by a tow truck and taken to nearby yard to wait for adjusters.

I'm going to have my doc check me out Monday as my back and neck are a bit sore.

From everyone's experience, what sort of hidden damage should I be concerned about on my 2012 Fat Bob?

Thanks

Pappy

Last edited by masterblaster; 05-06-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:50 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

+1 on going to the Doctors and having a thorough check up. And if your thinking about sueing, then dont post any more info about the accident or your condition on this thread.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:54 PM
TXcruzin
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get checked out, hope your ok, Cagers on cell phones are sickening. Only takes 1 screw up to mess up someones bike, property, and body.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 350 Likes on 162 Posts

Take her to the Fing cleaners. When insurance companies get fed up with all the money going out on these cell phone claims maybe the law will change to finally give us some protection.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:32 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Main thing is to get yourself checked out, the scooter comes second. Might be an urban myth, but I have heard that it doesn't take much to total a bike if the frame is the least bit damaged, even a bent mounting tab. Liability issues.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Pappy1955
Advanced
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the good words all.

Pappy

Old 05-07-2012, 03:38 AM
HBomb74
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear you were able to walk away, man. A lesson from this: ALWAYS stay in 1st gear when stopped at a light and WATCH YOUR SIX! More than a few times I have shot forward in between cars to avoid being rear ended by some moron behind the wheel.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob read-ended... :^(