Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stirrups 4 Foward Controls

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 04:57 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I got the kuryakyn switchblade heel rests , they go in or out in a second, but they also scrape the ground. Yes they are adjustable , but as soon as you put them up high enough not to scrape so easily they become uncomfortable because then you have to force your feet down onto the pegs. Ya know? if your feet are in a forward position, your toes are up so if you lift the heel restmakes it that much harder to rest anything but your heel . Goes without saying they are still on but barely get any use, sorta like **** on a bull!

Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 AM
R_W_B
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by purevil71
Same one's I have. I really like them and they give you a few different positions for your feet which makes it nice for long trips.
Originally Posted by jim425
I have the Kurkyn stirrups. I like them. The act much wider than they are. Essentially, it feels like a floorboard and looks like normal pegs. Maybe it's the way I have them adjusted rather flat, but my pegs drag before my stirrups.
Yes I forgot to mention that, they are adjustable. Something the OP might want to be aware of if he's never had stirrups on a Dyna before. The right side peg bracket (brake side) has a small radius of rotation play in it. Inside this slotted area the only thing that keeps the bracket from rotating is the friction of the tightening bolt on the inside of the A frame.

It's a Torx head and you can only get it so tight. Anyhow I had my stirrups for bout a month and one day pulling out of a store I somehow put more of my 225 lbs of weight on that stirrup and I felt it rotate down. I thought **** my stirrup just broke. I stopped and nothing looked broken but I could visibly tell it had rotated.

When I got home I investigated further and found the above explaination to be the case. So I put the (brake side) bracket at it's most rotated down position and then re-adjusted the stirrup back up where I wanted it. You can make sure it's bottomed out by putting a large adjustable wrench across the U brace part of the bracket and turn it down. You will feel it bottom out.

I never could quite get both stirrups (on each side) to adjust at the perfect same angle but they are close and I can't feel the difference in my feet. The shift side bracket is mounted different and had no rotation to it.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

I rocked heel catchers on my bobber and loved em.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:47 PM
purevil71
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R_W_B
Yes I forgot to mention that, they are adjustable. Something the OP might want to be aware of if he's never had stirrups on a Dyna before. The right side peg bracket (brake side) has a small radius of rotation play in it. Inside this slotted area the only thing that keeps the bracket from rotating is the friction of the tightening bolt on the inside of the A frame.

It's a Torx head and you can only get it so tight. Anyhow I had my stirrups for bout a month and one day pulling out of a store I somehow put more of my 225 lbs of weight on that stirrup and I felt it rotate down. I thought **** my stirrup just broke. I stopped and nothing looked broken but I could visibly tell it had rotated.

When I got home I investigated further and found the above explaination to be the case. So I put the (brake side) bracket at it's most rotated down position and then re-adjusted the stirrup back up where I wanted it. You can make sure it's bottomed out by putting a large adjustable wrench across the U brace part of the bracket and turn it down. You will feel it bottom out.

I never could quite get both stirrups (on each side) to adjust at the perfect same angle but they are close and I can't feel the difference in my feet. The shift side bracket is mounted different and had no rotation to it.
I had to loc-tight the crap out of mine to keep it from moving on me. And yes, they scrape a little...lol

Old 05-07-2012, 07:16 PM
flamedking
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, I ordered the iso set , should be here end of the week. I think this will give her another foot position. Thanks again for the input.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Got the kuryakyn pegs with heel rests and love them, they are adjustable.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Steel Steed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by R_W_B

I have the Harley one's and they have teeth. You adjust them how you like, and they stay. Also makes it easier to match to two up.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 742 Likes on 411 Posts

I also have the Kuryakyn stirrups with the Dually pegs. They came on my FXDC when I bought it, and I honestly planned on taking them off right away just cause I thought they looked kinda bulky, but after a few rides I changed my mind.

Attached Thumbnails Stirrups 4 Foward Controls-512an4pipcl._sl500_aa300_.jpg  
Old 05-08-2012, 10:17 AM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

My choice is the bear trap pegs from DK Customs. They are wide and have cleats that hold your feet in place plus they pivot so you can use the controls comfortably.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:24 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by flamedking
I also Have an 08 Super w/foward controls and looking for Ideas on peg/board options for this. Add Stirrups? Mini Floors? Any Ideas with pics appreciated. Anyone have any options for sale. Also looking for LayDown/Angled tinted taillamp with widow on top for tag light.
I WAS RUNNING the Kuryakin swing wings, and have never used a more comfortable, adjustable peg.... but i started blacking out the bike this year and needed to swap them out...i had them on front and back... i have sold one set and have a set left if you are interested... retail is $169 im selling for $75 shipped...

Quick Reply: Stirrups 4 Foward Controls