Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani Pipes Failed! - Must See Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 05:20 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,112 Likes on 2,120 Posts
Default RE: Bassani Pipes Failed! - Must See Pics

ORIGINAL: chewster77
he's reviewing his warranty information now and then going to contact Bassani,
he's worried that his ceramic coating may have null and voided the warranty.

as for the seat, lepera makes some killer seats, he contacted them and
they sent out 2 seats for him to try, they just require a deposit until you make your decision.
they can even modify the shape of any seatto your liking.
i believe he chose the one with the biker gel in it.
.................................................. .................................................. .......................
It will be interesting to hear the outcome on the pipe catastrophy.
Coating?? Unlikely cause, I speculate in ignorance.
Improper mounting or fastener coming loose?? More likely.
Poorly manufactured?? Possible.
Keep us posted on this issue, if you would.

Do you know what model the lepera is??
In the photo you posted, looks like raw padding??
The fact that they will customize their product to the clients liking is very interesting.

mud

Old 01-03-2007, 05:57 PM
stbob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoa buddy that sucks. It looks like it stems from the welding. The vibes on the v twin
helped with a crack that was probably already there. I doubt it had any thing to do
with the mounting or ceramic coat. I would really like to know if Bassani will stand by
their product on this one, Cause i've got the same pipes on my ride.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:06 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bet they won't do a thing warranty wise.

Either time ran out on warranty or the coating wil be the issue.

I had FOUR rear bracket failure's on my V&H ShortShots. Nothing done to correct by V&H.

V&H customer service is pathetic. Plus their tech's are liars. At Sturgis in 2004the ShortShots rear bracket on my 2003 FXDcracked for the fourth time!!! Two were new and two were re-welded. I went to the V&H display at J&P Cycle Shop downtown. I requested a new rear bracket for my bike as I had to ride all the way home to Pittsburgh, PA and did not want ot have a re-welded bracket on. The V&H guy told me he was a designer on that bracket and the problem was in the "factory alignment between the engine and tranny"Unbelievable!! I did not laugh in his face but again requested a bracket from a kit. The V&H tech then said that all of the ShortShot kits had been sold in the area. The next day Iwent tothe V&H branch store at the Harley shop parkinglot in Rapid City, and the salsman there said he had ShortShots in stock until just before I arrived.

The tech had lied about the bracketnot being available and the cause of the breakage. I went and had a set of Samson Challengers installed that afternoonand rode them for two years with NO breakage. My current SuperTrapp SuperMegs 2:1 system has beenon all summer with no bracket breakage!!!!

I will no longer have a V&H product on my bike and take any chance I can to warn others of their poor customer support.

I keep one of the broken bracketsas a souvenier of V&Hpiss poor engineering.

Good Luck on the warranty claim with Bassani, I really hope you are satified with their response. As for me, I loudlydropped the removed V&H's pipes at the tech guys feetas he was waiting on a customer. That was my onlycustomer satisfaction.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:55 PM
mud
muderator

ORIGINAL: ButtMan1000
.................................................. .................................................. ............
I had FOUR rear bracket failure's on my V&H ShortShots. Nothing done to correct by V&H.
V&H customer service is pathetic. Plus their tech's are liars.
.................................................. .................................................. ............
I will no longer have a V&H product on my bike and
take any chance I can to warn others of their poor customer support.
As for me, I loudlydropped the removed V&H's pipes at the tech guys feet
as he was waiting on a customer. That was my onlycustomer satisfaction.
Only one bracket on my ShortShots. No "rear" bracket.
So, maybe the priick at Sturgis went back and redesigned.

I highly doubt that all of Vance and Hines clients are treated like you were 3 years ago.

I doubt the set of Bassanis in question here will be warrantied,
hopefully Chewster will keep us updated.

mud

Old 01-04-2007, 03:37 AM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Muddy!

The bracket I am referring to attaches to the bottom twotransmission side cover bolts, then to the rear of the ShortShots near the baffle removal screws, to support the end of the pipes. The bracket always cracked at the left most bolt hole attaching the bracket to the tranny side cover.

I sincerely hope they did re-design the bracket, as it was a dismal failure on the pipes I had installed in 2003.

The BS from the V&H rep STILL pisses me off to this day. Took all I had not to cold **** the SOB .

Old 01-04-2007, 05:52 AM
mud
muderator

ORIGINAL: ButtMan1000
Hi Muddy!
The bracket I am referring to attaches to the bottom twotransmission side cover bolts,
then to the rear of the ShortShots near the baffle removal screws,
to support the end of the pipes.
The BS from the V&H rep STILL pisses me off to this day.

Took all I had not to cold **** the SOB .
Hey Butt, I'm gonna go and have a look at my bracket.
Just to make sure.

You shoulda knockt the glamour boy OUT.

mud

Old 01-04-2007, 11:01 AM
chewster77
Novice

thanks for the posts guys

no update yet as my buddy hasn't contacted them yet but i promise to let you all know what Bassani says

good story ButtMan1000

i gotta say though, doesn't it seem like evertime there is aproduct failure nobody wants to take the blame? someone's defect is always caused by some other reason. its such bullsit. no manufacturer ever wants to man up!

what would have been funny is ifafter he blamed it on the factory alignment you should have called the Harley factory and handed the phone to the V&H rep and seen what he had to say then, lol

Old 04-25-2007, 11:58 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Gee, imagine that. I was in Danville Virginia over the weekend and was on my way home to Union Bridge, Md Sunday when the bracket broke and then the front pipe sheared off the head studs 32 miles south of Staunton, Va. Thank God for being a HOG member and also having tow coverage with my insurance carrier. HOG roadsidehad a tow truck there in 40min. and took me to Shenendoah HD for repair. This is not the first time the bracket has broken either, just in a different spot. The junk azz bassani pipes are coming off. They were an ill fitting pipe from the get go.
I will be on the phone with bassani today for all the good it will do.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:28 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Just a quick update. I just got off the phone with Tom Chapman at North County Customs, a distributor of bassani pipes. When I mentioned others in the forum having problems with the bike he caught an attitude and started slamming the forums telling me you can't believe what you hear on the forums and he also proceded to tell me that stuff happens and the number of times that stuff happened to him on the road.
Good luck.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:21 PM
bhick21
Intermediate

Well I've never had an ulser, but I feel one forming. I just put the Bassani Pro Streets on 500 miles ago. They didn't fit very well I thought either ,esspecially at the rear bracket. They also blued big time by the time I got to the end of the driveway. So Iwrapped'em.

Quick Reply: Bassani Pipes Failed! - Must See Pics