Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna setup for fat guy

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Droppin - Sparks
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna setup for fat guy

I am in desperate need for some help.

I ride a 2010 Dyna Wide Glide. I bought it because I love the low chopper look. Although I almost bought the street bob. The problem is that I cant do any long distance riding. After 2 hours my *** is dead and my arms and legs hurt. I did not buy it for comfort but now I need some. I am planning to go to Reno in September from Oregon and I am dreading it. My bike is stock except for Kuryakyn switchblades with 2 1/4" extenders that are ok but I thought they would be more like floorboards. So my questions......

What is the best seat for a 6'2" 350 lb fat guy on a Dyna? Is there a wide seat for fat people?

Should I change out the shocks? I have the stockers set on 4 so its stiff.

Should I go with Apes to get my arms up to shoulder height? Where do I want my arms?

What is the must have comfort accessories?

Thanks y'all

Old 04-30-2012, 06:45 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

first i would contact sick saddle and tell him you need a fat man seat
http://www.sicksaddles.com/about-us.php
then id get better boards but at 6.2 you probably need forwards with heel rest , then you need to get your body used to riding long distances
heres my bike and im big fat guy ( ill post 2 bikes blurple one i can easily do 600 miles a day on , black have not gone over a few hundred a day on but thats just not having time )
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

The following users liked this post:
usmcvet0331 (08-13-2024)
Old 04-30-2012, 07:57 PM
07 dyna man
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mustang pillow top or a harley sundowner

Old 04-30-2012, 08:09 PM
Dynaglide68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Droppin - Sparks
I am in desperate need for some help.

I ride a 2010 Dyna Wide Glide. I bought it because I love the low chopper look. Although I almost bought the street bob. The problem is that I cant do any long distance riding. After 2 hours my *** is dead and my arms and legs hurt. I did not buy it for comfort but now I need some. I am planning to go to Reno in September from Oregon and I am dreading it. My bike is stock except for Kuryakyn switchblades with 2 1/4" extenders that are ok but I thought they would be more like floorboards. So my questions......

What is the best seat for a 6'2" 350 lb fat guy on a Dyna? Is there a wide seat for fat people?

Should I change out the shocks? I have the stockers set on 4 so its stiff.

Should I go with Apes to get my arms up to shoulder height? Where do I want my arms?

What is the must have comfort accessories?

Thanks y'all

Go on a diet !!! lol

Old 04-30-2012, 08:09 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

need a good seat, the sundowner is 16" wide, not the best looking but very comfortable. proper foot and hand position are key. my back cant take forward controls

Old 04-30-2012, 08:16 PM
AFMM3
Road Warrior
Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

The best thing you could do to relieve the strain on your arms and legs is to get a windshield. It is great riding around town in the breeze, but on the Interstate it is a 70 or 80 mph wind tunnel trying to blow you off the bike. Any number of seats people will recommend and they will most likely all be better than stock. I prefer the Mustang Wide Vintage Solo (in signature picture). It is 16 inches wide.

Last edited by AFMM3; 04-30-2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-30-2012, 08:17 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master

wide seats put my feet to sleep because the cut off blood flow , im very pleased with my sick saddle .

Old 04-30-2012, 08:23 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master

Originally Posted by AFMM3
The best thing you could do to relieve the strain on your arms and legs is to get a windshield. It is great riding around town in the breeze, but on the Interstate it is a 70 or 80 mph wind tunnel trying to blow you off the bike. Any number of seats people will recommend and they will most likely all be better than stock. I prefer the Mustang Wide Vintage Solo (in signature picture). It is 16 inches wide.
i had a mustang vintage solo on this bike with passenger pad , and it rode good
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-30-2012, 08:32 PM
MADDOG187
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ride at 80 mph and after 2 hours you should need petrol , stretch your legs , rub your **** , windmill your arms and have a coffee , file the bike up and get on your way , job done ,
or get a repack on your seat , a pair of gel asred cycle shorts and a removable windshield , these will help a lot .
but if you ride longer distances more often , your *** muscles will toughen up and so will your arms n legs , its just not being used to long rides ,

Old 04-30-2012, 09:05 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master

asred cycle shorts on a fat guy ? this will need pictures

Quick Reply: Dyna setup for fat guy