Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Street Bob cranks but won't fire..

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 11:15 PM
bigdano
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Street Bob cranks but won't fire..

I have my street bob in another town away from home as I travel there for work a lot. Today I rode my bike over to subway about .25 miles from the hotel I was in and then came back out tired to start the bike it wouldn't start. It hit one time initially when cranking it over and the battery is fine because its cranking pretty good. Any suggestions on what I should look at first? I don't have any tools where my bike is so I'm not sure what I should do.

Thanks in advance. Dan

Old 04-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Island Hog
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure yur gettin' spark, pull a plug wire touch it to metal while cranking see if it arc's. If it arc's pull a plug, check with plug connected to coil lead touch tip of plug to head... see nice bright blue arc at electrode?
Are you getting fuel? sorry I didn't see what bike or how old? Carb or F.I. ?

Old 04-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Island Hog
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, went back & checked yur post, 08 street bob, so FI, I'm guessing?
Sorry haven't played w/FI on these yet (my deuce is FI but just got it and haven't played with the FI yet, cuz it's working fine). All I can ask from here is when yu twist the throttle qwik on & off, do yu hear the butterfly/throttlebody opening and slamming shut?
Someone else who knows a helluva lot more than me will chime in here...

Old 04-28-2012, 11:30 PM
bigdano
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes its fi.. When I get down there I will check for a spark like u said... I've never done out before but there's a first time for everything. Wonder how to tell if I'm getting fuel? I also have a power commander 3 on the bike.

Last edited by bigdano; 04-29-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:28 AM
markkoby
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you hear the fuel pump at the start? Maybe it is your system relay, check your fault codes. Use the forum on how to find the fault codes.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:51 AM
bobnehoc
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

First thing is to check for any trouble codes. If there are any it will help to locate the problem. You said you have a PC 3 on the bike. There have been numerous threads with issue on the PC 3 getting water in the connector. You could unhook the PC3 and see if the bike fires. Another problem might be the CPS.Very easy to remove as it is easily accessible. Others have posted about CPS issues and they removed them and were able to clean them. Personally I would replace a bad sensor rather than cleaning it but if that works and can get you home I would do it. Good Luck and let us know what you find.