Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springer front end on a dyna super glide ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 03:50 AM
Tepidy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
The Dyna, and Sportster neck for that matter, are different from the Softails. As a result very few Springers fit. The Paughco is a direct bolt on but others such as the factory Springers and the DNA's are designed for Softail and pre-Evo necks. They can be modified to fit, but they take quite a bit of work. I recommend spending the extra cash and getting the bolt-on Paughco. That is what I am currently running now as surfor chop mentioned.

Wicked bike bro!!!!!

Old 05-01-2012, 06:10 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Thanks for the props guys. I would love to see more dyna springers for sure.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:04 PM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Chromedome mentioned a American Suspension on the way. I put one on back in 2008 and have racked a good amount of miles on it now. Very well designed springer. Is a wide glide tree design so interference with the tank will limit turn radius with a 0 offset tree which I needed to keep trail in check. I moved the tank back some and adjust fork stops accordingly. It doesn't turn in the garage as sharp as it use to but on the road it does it all in spades. Attached some pics, is not a superglide is a wideglide which has more rake in the neck. Not sure if mounted on a superglide if the trail would be in check. No matter the springer I would run a calculation on the trail. Cheers on the future project.

The following users liked this post:
Dave England (02-25-2020)
Old 08-06-2015, 03:50 PM
ExtremeBaggers
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by man4mopar
Chromedome mentioned a American Suspension on the way. I put one on back in 2008 and have racked a good amount of miles on it now. Very well designed springer. Is a wide glide tree design so interference with the tank will limit turn radius with a 0 offset tree which I needed to keep trail in check. I moved the tank back some and adjust fork stops accordingly. It doesn't turn in the garage as sharp as it use to but on the road it does it all in spades. Attached some pics, is not a superglide is a wideglide which has more rake in the neck. Not sure if mounted on a superglide if the trail would be in check. No matter the springer I would run a calculation on the trail. Cheers on the future project.

Sweet shot. I guess it handles well. As far as your comment about the trail on the super glide can't you adjust the trail with the piece where the actual goes through just get longer or shorter ones I don't know much about Springers so I am just asking I am considering purchasing a 2010 or newer Dyna wide glide and putting this front end on the bike. I plan on getting the frame redone with the correct neck and also stretching it forward 4 inches I want a low long bike with a big front tire 23 inch

Old 08-09-2015, 02:22 AM
emory70
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been shopping for a springer for my 06 SG. I looked at the American Suspension website, but there is almost ZERO info about them. I like being original, but when a Google search brings up nothing but the manufacturer's website, something is wrong. Personally, I'm going with a Twisted Choppers wide wishbone soon as I get my rear end dropped and can get a good measurement of what I need

Old 08-09-2015, 09:14 AM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Call these guys and ask for JC. He'll get you pointed in the right direction.

http://www.threetwochoppers.com/CustomerBuilds.html

Old 05-09-2022, 06:54 AM
Rayjim112
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
The Dyna, and Sportster neck for that matter, are different from the Softails. As a result very few Springers fit. The Paughco is a direct bolt on but others such as the factory Springers and the DNA's are designed for Softail and pre-Evo necks. They can be modified to fit, but they take quite a bit of work. I recommend spending the extra cash and getting the bolt-on Paughco. That is what I am currently running now as surfor chop mentioned.

Attachment 533945

Attachment 533946
what year is your bike I have 07 like the way your looking

Old 05-10-2022, 02:04 PM
K. Lindberg
Road Captain
Received 376 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Rayjim112
what year is your bike I have 07 like the way your looking
You have to send him a PM and ask.

This is a really old thread.