Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FatBoy front-end on my '01 FXDXT

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012 | 03:16 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Only a real jerk would meddle in someone else's personal affairs or cast aspersions on his intelligence ...

... seems kind of un-American to interfere with someone else's enjoyment of his personal property rights ... property gotten through his personal labor, skill, ingenuity, etc. ...

... sure, point out the potential gain and/or opportunity cost of his proposed course of action ... or make him an offer for his valuable property ... but, leave it at that ...

... he asked for technical advice on how to make a mod ... not to be talked out of it ....

There are a bunch of guys on here who have done it ... even one who 'sacrificed' his FXDX front end in favor of a FL front end .... Ackman1968 put you on to a couple of threads that should be of interest ... also, you might find some technical tips on the social group FL-Dyna Interest Group ...

Welcome to the HD Forums ...

R/
'Chop

Old 04-29-2012 | 04:03 PM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master

Ban him from the forum....lol.. well if u do the swap pm me to sell your old forks

Old 04-29-2012 | 07:08 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
Only a real jerk would meddle in someone else's personal affairs or cast aspersions on his intelligence ...

... seems kind of un-American to interfere with someone else's enjoyment of his personal property rights ... property gotten through his personal labor, skill, ingenuity, etc. ...

... sure, point out the potential gain and/or opportunity cost of his proposed course of action ... or make him an offer for his valuable property ... but, leave it at that ...

... he asked for technical advice on how to make a mod ... not to be talked out of it ....

There are a bunch of guys on here who have done it ... even one who 'sacrificed' his FXDX front end in favor of a FL front end .... Ackman1968 put you on to a couple of threads that should be of interest ... also, you might find some technical tips on the social group FL-Dyna Interest Group ...

Welcome to the HD Forums ...

R/
'Chop
Very well said, i say to each there own

Old 04-30-2012 | 04:11 PM
Speedhitter
|
Cruiser

lol! Some good and "interesting" advice! Already checked out some of the leads! After 50,000 miles it was time to change the shocks and I now have Progressive 440. Air shocks were useless! Bike fell over and cracked the FXDXT fairing so it went a long time ago! I'll let you guys know when it is for sale. I'll be selling the whole front end including the brakes. Appreciate the comments including the jerk!

Old 04-30-2012 | 06:02 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

If it were me I'd keep the FXDXT front end for it three way adjustability, but that's just me. I have an FL softail as well and the front end handling is nowhere near as good as the FXDXT.

Old 05-01-2012 | 04:20 PM
Speedhitter
|
Cruiser

HogPro I hear ya! But really...if I wanted great handling would I be ridin' a Harley? I've ridden Softtails as well. I'm no longer a hard rider and every ride is two-up with the wife. Those Progressive 440 are incredible. Looking forward to the change over. Thanks again for the info guys! Larry