Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice on wide glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012 | 03:13 PM
roadrunner1414
Road Master

Originally Posted by SteveO-ll
OT but really like those white walls mate, look excellent

Old 04-28-2012 | 04:53 PM
South Jersey Scooter Trash
Road Captain

Hey Steve whats this Philly **** why don't you say South Jersey.The Dyna will surprise you on long distance rides Ive done quite a few 500+ mile days with not much regrets,as far as storage a pair of throw over saddlebags a barrel bag and if necessary a back pack and you'll have all you need for probably a week the big advantage of the Street Glide is the fairing and windshield after 300 miles the winds starts to take its toll.If you're doing a lot of interstate running I would recommend riding with a full face helmet and using a half lid at your location or slower speed back road runs you would surprised how the wind beats the hell out of you.

Old 04-28-2012 | 05:40 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by nj wideglide 11
Hey Steve whats this Philly **** why don't you say South Jersey.The Dyna will surprise you on long distance rides Ive done quite a few 500+ mile days with not much regrets,as far as storage a pair of throw over saddlebags a barrel bag and if necessary a back pack and you'll have all you need for probably a week the big advantage of the Street Glide is the fairing and windshield after 300 miles the winds starts to take its toll.If you're doing a lot of interstate running I would recommend riding with a full face helmet and using a half lid at your location or slower speed back road runs you would surprised how the wind beats the hell out of you.
Hey now I was in Philly also, and Valley Forge and Washington's Crossing, and South Jersey at Long Beach Island the shore with yours truly............Hell I even waved at the Jersey Devil twice come'n and go'n through the Pine Barons........................ LOL

What's with the full face and windshield thingy unless it's rain'n. Geez talk about young'ns.

Old 04-28-2012 | 06:11 PM
jmullins
|
4th Gear

Sweet bikes guys. Y'all are answering the way I hoped(really didn't want to go touring) I'm 25 and in great shape so sounds like long rides on a WG won't be bad at all.

Old 04-28-2012 | 07:19 PM
loanrider
Cruiser

I have an 05 WG and a 12 RG, I got the road glide after a 500 mile trip with the wife, and we got off at home and the wife was about in tears. Said she didn't know if she could do it again. I personally loved the WG for trips and thought she did too. But after 47000 miles together she couldn't take it anymore and got the road glide. The WG is very comfortable bike to ride distance on.

Old 04-28-2012 | 07:35 PM
CAJUNMUDDER
Cruiser

once it is good and broken in its really not bad on the wide glide actually my little cousin rode with me a while back and she said my bike rode better than her dads sg

Old 04-28-2012 | 09:53 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member

For longer rides the seat I have made them a lot more comfortable but that's the only gripe I had. I rode to Las Vegas from So Cal and my **** was only a little sore (old seat) and was far better than my old Sportster.

Old 04-29-2012 | 12:19 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member

I love my street bob for long distance rides. I have mid controls with hwy pegs. I don't know if the forward controls with no where to move your feet would be uncomfortable or not. I can ride all day on the street bob. If I had to consider a passenger full time I would either get an FXDC , WG or bite the bullet and go for a Road King or a Street Glide. I think the best thing you could do is ride both and see. If you have a passenger take them with you and have them ride on the back of each bike. I always wear a FF helmet on long rides and have never found the wind to be a problem at all. YMMV. (your mileage may very). Good luck with your choice.

Old 04-29-2012 | 07:59 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member

Obviously that salesman has never actually put any serious miles on a Wide Glide.

Picking the right seat for your *** makes all the difference in the world. I have done many 500+ miles days on my wide glide and always been fine at the end, except when I tried it on a slim solo seat, will ride my Mustang Wide Vintage long distance any day.

If you will have a passenger on any of those rides it is easy enough to get a good passenger seat as well, my OL absolutely loves the Mustang Wide passenger as well, especially after 500 miles on a stock FatBob seat...LOL

Forwards to me are the only way to be comfortable on a long ride, but then I gave up mids when I gave up racing.