Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warpup

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 PM
David Warhurst
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warpup

I am thinking of putting some easy brackets on my 2010 super glide custom with ridged locking saddlebags h.d. #91615-09a has anyone had any experience with mounting any of these harley bags with easy brackets? I also have the quick disconnect sissy bar. thanks for any input

Old 04-26-2012, 09:28 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

Do you already have the bags attached? If not, will also need to relocate your turn signals. I do not like the HD turn signal relo stock.

I also installed the bags and detachable sissy bar on a 2007 FXDC. Pretty easy install. When all is mounted, it looks pretty slick.

Downside:
- if only bags mounted, no sissy bar, then there is a bit of a gap between bag and fender.
- If neither is mounted, the studs extend pretty far out, about an inch. See pic.
- Over time, I think the brackets get out of alignment if the bags are heavy and can be a bitch to have them lined up and dropped into the studs.

Attached Thumbnails warpup-harley-unpack.jpg  
Old 04-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Tundra bob
Tourer

The young fella holding the hammer looking longfully at your bike.....is kinda scary lol

Old 04-26-2012, 11:17 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by David Warhurst
I am thinking of putting some easy brackets on my 2010 super glide custom with ridged locking saddlebags h.d. #91615-09a has anyone had any experience with mounting any of these harley bags with easy brackets? I also have the quick disconnect sissy bar. thanks for any input
Try the search function. There is more info on this topic than you can imagine.

Personally I have the QD sissy bar and I didn't want anything making it all stick out any wider. I knew I was gonna have the bags on all the time except to clean so I went with a mod using threaded rod.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:08 PM
David Warhurst
Stage III

Originally Posted by DonN
Do you already have the bags attached? If not, will also need to relocate your turn signals. I do not like the HD turn signal relo stock.

I also installed the bags and detachable sissy bar on a 2007 FXDC. Pretty easy install. When all is mounted, it looks pretty slick.

Downside:
- if only bags mounted, no sissy bar, then there is a bit of a gap between bag and fender.
- If neither is mounted, the studs extend pretty far out, about an inch. See pic.
- Over time, I think the brackets get out of alignment if the bags are heavy and can be a bitch to have them lined up and dropped into the studs.
thanks for your input the bags are mounted and turn signals have been relocated i just want to be able to remove the bags for ease in cleaning

Old 04-28-2012, 12:55 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by David Warhurst
thanks for your input the bags are mounted and turn signals have been relocated i just want to be able to remove the bags for ease in cleaning
If you only want to remove them for cleaning then you may want to consider the threaded rod mod.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/9610934-post7.html

The QD Bracket thing has been a long running discussion here. IMHO, all the QD setups make the bags stickout much further, and I believe they are more vulnerable to theft.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:13 PM
David Warhurst
Stage III
Default warpup

that looks like a good and inexpensive fix thanks for the help