Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifted dyna

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 06:38 PM
hdfist
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a nice set up on muds bike

Old 05-01-2012, 07:50 PM
valter
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been contemplating going higher.

my sporty has some 13" 440's, but forward controls, and i had some ok turning ability...

I rode my friends sporty, he had some progressive 440's on there, 12 or 13", he had mid controls, he was taking corners like a champ. when I rode it, i felt like my knees were at my chest...like i was on a crotch rocket, just sat straight up...but damn it can corner.

meanwhile, i got some DK bear traps, and 1 min into my commute to work, in my neighborhood, i scrape my peg...wtf? ever since, i have been super cautious...i use my boot as my warning: "you gonna be scraping your pegs up if you turn any harder" SO, i think i may have to raise the bike up a little higher

Old 05-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Papple
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swing Arm Clearance?

First off let me tell you what I'm trying to do with my new to me 2009 FXD. My idea is to pretty much leave the Motor & Exhaust pretty much stock as this will be my everyday go to bike. No hassle's with the law and I can come & go as I please with out upsetting the neighbor's.

What I would like to improve are the brakes, handling and ground clearance. Thought I'd start with some Progressive HD 440 13.5" shocks to give me a better ride & improved clearance.

Unfortunately the right shock's bottom mount won't clear the rear HD Stock Muffler. Since the Swingarm is lowered the muffler is in the way. Has anybody else had this happen to you and if so what did you do?

With out changing the exhaust I'm thinking I'll probably have to go back to stock length shocks.

Stumped,
P

Old 05-02-2012, 09:15 PM
valter
Tourer

my sportster swing arm would hit my exhaust when i got off the bike. stock pipes with SE slipons...i guess i didnt do anything, accept that it hits, and cringe when i look at the damage. its not much, but enough to notice when looking up close.

I am actually looking at getting some air shocks from any of the touring models, seems they are anywhere from $50 to 500...so, i am on the hunt for a $50 pair of 13" or so.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:00 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,233 Likes on 2,465 Posts

I use my boot heel as an "early warning" to. lol

On your Bear Traps you can adjust the allen screw to give you more clearance before scraping if you want to gain some lean angle.

Originally Posted by valter
I have been contemplating going higher.

my sporty has some 13" 440's, but forward controls, and i had some ok turning ability...

I rode my friends sporty, he had some progressive 440's on there, 12 or 13", he had mid controls, he was taking corners like a champ. when I rode it, i felt like my knees were at my chest...like i was on a crotch rocket, just sat straight up...but damn it can corner.

meanwhile, i got some DK bear traps, and 1 min into my commute to work, in my neighborhood, i scrape my peg...wtf? ever since, i have been super cautious...i use my boot as my warning: "you gonna be scraping your pegs up if you turn any harder" SO, i think i may have to raise the bike up a little higher

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-03-2012, 06:27 PM
valter
Tourer

On your Bear Traps you can adjust the allen screw to give you more clearance before scraping if you want to gain some lean angle.
I just did yesterday, and let me tell you, made a world of difference in comfort. having them angled in toward the bike vs flat, and so far, I haven't scraped yet. seems like maybe a half inch or clearance. we shall see. thanks!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:33 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior

I can understand wanting more performance/better handling out of your bike, but damn! The way some of y'all talk about your Harley makes me wonder why you bought one!

Old 05-04-2012, 10:17 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

12.6" works single rate black trackers and race tech springs with gold valves up front.....rides like a cadillac

Old 05-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I love the stock 13.5" fully adjustable shocks and front forks on the FXDXT we just picked up. I am yet to scrape anything with this setup which is stock yet. Of course I am yet to really push the bike either. The font end definitely needs to be stiffened up but I think a quick compression adjustment will take care of that.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:02 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpro
I love the stock 13.5" fully adjustable shocks and front forks on the FXDXT we just picked up. I am yet to scrape anything with this setup which is stock yet. Of course I am yet to really push the bike either. The font end definitely needs to be stiffened up but I think a quick compression adjustment will take care of that.
get a fork brace, steering damper, adjust fall away and give the forks a tune up youll be set....

i gotta come out and check out the fxdxt in person...

Quick Reply: Lifted dyna