Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Guy with a new wide glide on the way

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 06:50 AM
jeffrob07
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Pipes first definitely. Congrats.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:51 AM
bobg03
Road Master
Received 240 Likes on 150 Posts

I also own a "12" and made a few changes right outta the gate.

I am short and the stock bars sucked, it now has a set of factory Fat Bob bars and the reduced reach seat which matched the pillion mama wanted as the factory one sucked.

Put the med rise sissy bar and luggage rack on a detachable along w/new pegs and new brake/shifter ***** and everybodys happy.

Stock pipes did sound like crap, so I went w/a set of screamin' eagle slips ons, much better w/o being too loud. I work for the railroad and am constantly surronded by noise. Every bike I've ever owned was LOUD, I'm old needed a change.

Bike looks good w/ only a few changes so now I can think long and hard before I do anything else.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:27 AM
W G Junkie
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats y'all! Comfort and control should come before the visual, audible mods. What sense is there to have a cool lookin/sounding bike that you cant ride the way you want? I'm 6' 2”... Those drag bars and solo had to go... The way im set up now, I can ride all day..

Old 04-21-2012, 01:58 PM
KungPowMinchow
Tourer

Congrats on your guys on getting wide glides! now let the modding begin!!!!

Old 04-21-2012, 08:47 PM
cturner
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Billyjo88
Congrats and weclome aboard! I am impressed that you have a new WG at 21. Pretty good!

I am 6'5" and am waiting for my new WG to come back from the dealership. Doing all sorts of stuff, but if I had to limit my choice I would have changed the bars, sear and added 2" forward control extensions first. Then, I would do full exhaust, ac, fuel manager, cams and a dyno tune once the bike hot the 1000 mile service.

My two cents, but comfort first.
I appreciate it! I bought a house just after turning 20, have been blessed to find a good job and go straight to work at 18. I was dead set on pipes first (still not ordered) but now I'm heavily considering changing my mind to kury 3 inch extensions and apes first. Thanks a lot for that one man haha Guess I'll flip a coin

Old 04-21-2012, 08:50 PM
cturner
Intermediate

Only problem with control extension is the stock pipes have to be changed first, according to kuryakyn.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:33 AM
KAUFMANSM
Tourer

good luck and enjoy! The Wide Glide is a fun scoot.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:30 PM
RDFXDF
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Spend $130 for some Cycle Shack slip ons to hold u over "sound-wise" while getting your bike more comfortable to actually ride. Do yourself a favor and remove your slip on baffles before wasting a ton of money on a full exhaust swap. You won't need to re-tune or anything and your bike will sound like a Harley trust me.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:06 PM
cturner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RDFXDF
Spend $130 for some Cycle Shack slip ons to hold u over "sound-wise" while getting your bike more comfortable to actually ride. Do yourself a favor and remove your slip on baffles before wasting a ton of money on a full exhaust swap. You won't need to re-tune or anything and your bike will sound like a Harley trust me.
I really appreciate it man but I don't wanna dump cash on something I plan to replace in a month or two.. even if it is only 130 bucks. I was thinking short shots, but after searching and hearing about crappy performance and decel popping i am now looking at samson streetsweepers. By the way, I should have the new scoot on Wednesday!!!

Old 04-24-2012, 06:56 AM
J.Sizer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome aboard, seat, bars, than pipes. Blackout the rear light assembly... like Harley Davidson should had done.

Quick Reply: New Guy with a new wide glide on the way