Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware Metzler Horrible Warranty & Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 09:56 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Cure: Bite the bullet and buy from a local... find a good indy

I know the parts I purchase from my Indy cost me around 25-30% more. His shop rate is about 50% less than HD's. Point being: I support him so he can stay in business and he stands behind the items he sells.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:04 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

[quote=HD Bobber;9686329]
Originally Posted by emerican19

I have the perfect fix for you...... DON'T READ OR POST ON THREADS YOU HATE!

If you actually read my thread I'm blaming their customer service not quality. I bought their stuff cause I heard good things but who knows how many decided not to post their problems. FYI my new front tire that I PAID for again will arrive Monday!

AVON OR PIRELLI will be m next
Alright whatever man... I'm not going to turn this into another dumb back-and-forth. I didn't say anything about "hate". I said I'm tired of this type of thread- meaning I'm stating my opinion and hoping tons of people read it in an attempt to minimize these unnecessary wastes of space.

I sympathize for you, it's probably way more annoying that you had only 300 miles on the tire, if it happened at 10,000 miles you wouldn't give a crap right? That's why it's kind of silly to me, the company did nothing wrong, it's just **** timing and you're bummed that you JUST got a new tire and have to get another new one, I understand. If you get an Avon or Pirelli and hit something and they don't replace it are you going to post another thread saying "Pirelli Sucks" or "Don't Buy Avon!"? It's all user related...

I did indeed read the original post and the title of your thread: "Beware Metlzer Horrible WARRANTY..." so you're not just griping about the service. I don't think most Warranty's cover running things over but again, the reason you're unhappy with their customer service is because you expect a new tire after hitting something. I posed a question in my response "What would you do to fix the problem if it was your company"? Or what is it that you expected them to do? I'm not trying to get a rise out of you, but seriously curious as to what you wanted them to do. I don't think the product has any defects from the manufacturer. I even agreed with you, customer service **** sucks and sorry you had to deal with the annoying photo issue, but like I said, maybe lesson learned for next time- just buy the new front tire and save your time, money and stress.

Last edited by emerican19; 04-18-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:06 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by lo-rider
Bobber--That was no quote of mine.
My bad it was meant for emerican

Old 04-18-2012, 10:26 PM
denimbob08
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can see it both ways. american has a point about what would you do if it was your company. but then again in the automotive warranty business i have to submit photos all the time for any interior trim or exterior lamps or trim. if they told me to remove the part and send it in for inspection my customers would tell me to go F myself. im not going to remove a headlamp and send in. but that is apples and oranges but is still something vital to the use of the vehicle. just my 2 cents. if it is the trim on the seat is discolored then no big deal but an integral piece of the vehicles operation i think they should have handled it better. should have stated "after review of the photos it is damage that caused the impression in your tire and is not warranty. thank you for your time" customer service is what it is all about. sorry for rambling on

Old 04-18-2012, 10:41 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by denimbob08
i can see it both ways. american has a point about what would you do if it was your company. but then again in the automotive warranty business i have to submit photos all the time for any interior trim or exterior lamps or trim. if they told me to remove the part and send it in for inspection my customers would tell me to go F myself. im not going to remove a headlamp and send in. but that is apples and oranges but is still something vital to the use of the vehicle. just my 2 cents. if it is the trim on the seat is discolored then no big deal but an integral piece of the vehicles operation i think they should have handled it better. should have stated "after review of the photos it is damage that caused the impression in your tire and is not warranty. thank you for your time" customer service is what it is all about. sorry for rambling on

That's exactly what i mean.

It is what it is. I bought a new tire and got my message out, so let's close this one.
Thanks for the replies guys

Ride safe

Old 04-19-2012, 07:39 AM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got news for ya', Pirelli and Metzeler are the same Co.

[QUOTE=HD Bobber;9686329]
Originally Posted by emerican19

AVON OR PIRELLI will be m next

Old 04-19-2012, 09:12 AM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior
Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

Nathan is correct. Metzeler is part of the Pirelli group.

Pirelli bought out Metzeler in 1986.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Capt Jim FL Keys
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about taking them to court. Bought the 880 rear tire for my Electra, after less than 600 miles the center seam started to separate. I had bought the tire online and the retailer got me a claim number and Metzeler wants me to take the tire off, send to them, and after 3 weeks that will determine if there is a claim. I will then need to pay for return shipping. All of this cost more than a new tire.
I replaced my new Metzeler with the good old dependable Dunlop 402. They will not return emails or calls. BUYER BEWARE..!!!!

Old 11-13-2012, 10:44 AM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt Jim FL Keys
I'm thinking about taking them to court. Bought the 880 rear tire for my Electra, after less than 600 miles the center seam started to separate. I had bought the tire online and the retailer got me a claim number and Metzeler wants me to take the tire off, send to them, and after 3 weeks that will determine if there is a claim. I will then need to pay for return shipping. All of this cost more than a new tire.
I replaced my new Metzeler with the good old dependable Dunlop 402. They will not return emails or calls. BUYER BEWARE..!!!!
Oh come on!

What do you expect them to do--just take your word for it? Of course you have to send them the tire. Jayzus!

Old 11-13-2012, 11:03 AM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ANYTHING that is mass produced will have flaws, im sure if you sent it in they would replace it.

Quick Reply: Beware Metzler Horrible Warranty & Service