Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware Metzler Horrible Warranty & Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 11:54 AM
DesertDyna
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont know about others would say, but normally, end users dont deal directly with the manufacturer. It is better to deal with where you purchased from, or with an Indie shop that deals with that brand. I had the "front tire bubble" issue also. Replaced the tire, and the indie volunteered to press the case with the tire rep. Rep sent tire to lab where it was determined that they would replace the tire....so now I have credit for a new one when I need it. Metzeler tires do require higher than normal air pressure (there is a chart on their website based on the load carried), and if you ride them under inflated...they will not last long.

Also...Metzeler's are a "softer" tire compared to some other brand compounds, which is why they work so well (grip and smooth feel). This may make them a bit more suceptible to damage from debris...but I have wore out 3 sets on my current dyna with no issues. It is unfortunate that you are having a bad experience, but that can happen with any manufacturer or dealer.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:20 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by ConnMan
He definetly ran over something. You can see a gouge in the missing chunk that is BELOW tread level. Only one way for that to happen.

I'd be pissed, too. Brand new tire, and this happens-sucks. But, definetly not Metzeler's fault.
As I mentioned in my previous posts, whether it's my fault or not a simply
"NO" or "YES" would suffice to the warranty. What would it really cost them to knock off a few $$$$ of a new tire amd still have me pay? I'm just saying there are better ways to handle things, especially for a big tire brand as Metzler.

Its the beating around the bush **** that pisses me off and it happened to someone I knew too so this has to run in the company or unless motorcycle superstore gave me BS answers.

regardless i did suck it up and bought a new tire as not to waste any more time.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:14 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=HD Bobber;9683420]
Originally Posted by lo-rider

Here is the break down why that SUCK ***!
  1. I would pay for shipping to them(doubt they would cover that)
  2. + 3 day shipping or more
  3. + waiting for reply (maybe another week)
  4. no guarantee that after all that it will be covered
  5. mean while my bike will be on stand w/o a wheel
  6. finally either i pay for another tire or they warranty
Had you purchased from a dealer or tire shop they could have dealt w/ this on the spot--part of the service. But, to save money, you ordered on-line. Now that you need service, you bash a top-notch tire company because:

a) You might have to pay additional shipping.
b) That will necessarily take time.
c) The tire manufacturer can't provide instant roadside service, so you can't ride.
d) YOU ran over something which damaged the tire.

Who's fault is it? Crybaby!

Old 04-18-2012, 02:19 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member

Lol! You are funny guy

Old 04-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Wheelup
Banned
Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

[QUOTE=lo-rider;9683942]
Originally Posted by HD Bobber

Had you purchased from a dealer or tire shop they could have dealt w/ this on the spot--part of the service. But, to save money, you ordered on-line. Now that you need service, you bash a top-notch tire company because:

c) The tire manufacturer can't provide instant roadside service, so you can't ride.

Ding ding ding!!!!!!!

Old 04-18-2012, 03:45 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

That sucks dude. I have been on my Metzelers for awhile now and no issues and much better tires than the stock Michelin Scorchers. I run mine tubeless though. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:44 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

[quote=lo-rider;9683942]
Originally Posted by HD Bobber

I strongly agree...I'm tired of seeing these company bashing threads. "Le Pera sucks because I don't like how my seat feels and after 1,000 miles they won't take it back." "Don't buy Metzler because I hit a stationary object in the road!"

C'mon, you can't blame the manufacturers for this. I get the frustration of jumping through the hoops, but if this was your company how would you get the issue resolved? Someone runs something over 300 miles later and it has nothing to do with the quality or production of your tire. How do you please the customer? Offer to inspect it to see if anything is wrong, which clearly there isn't because you hit something...

It probably would have just been easier to chalk it up as a loss and bought a new front tire from the beginning. Save your time, shipping money, stress and frustration. Take it as a blessing it wasn't a serious accident and move on.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:24 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I think the customer service reps at metzler need better eye glasses. Sad to see so many companies outsource and have there product quality go to crap just because they want a higher profit margin. Ill stick with Avon, or Michelin .

Old 04-18-2012, 09:27 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member

[QUOTE=emerican19;9685386]
Originally Posted by lo-rider

I strongly agree...I'm tired of seeing these company bashing threads. "Le Pera sucks because I don't like how my seat feels and after 1,000 miles they won't take it back." "Don't buy Metzler because I hit a stationary object in the road!"

C'mon, you can't blame the manufacturers for this. I get the frustration of jumping through the hoops, but if this was your company how would you get the issue resolved? Someone runs something over 300 miles later and it has nothing to do with the quality or production of your tire. How do you please the customer? Offer to inspect it to see if anything is wrong, which clearly there isn't because you hit something...

It probably would have just been easier to chalk it up as a loss and bought a new front tire from the beginning. Save your time, shipping money, stress and frustration. Take it as a blessing it wasn't a serious accident and move on.
I have the perfect fix for you...... DON'T READ OR POST ON THREADS YOU HATE!

If you actually read my thread I'm blaming their customer service not quality. I bought their stuff cause I heard good things but who knows how many decided not to post their problems. FYI my new front tire that I PAID for again will arrive Monday!

AVON OR PIRELLI will be m next

Old 04-18-2012, 09:55 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Bobber--That was no quote of mine.

Quick Reply: Beware Metzler Horrible Warranty & Service