Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front signal relocation kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 07:47 PM
NYCFXDC13
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front signal relocation kit

hey guys i just got my front turn signal relocation kit for my fxdc 2011 and i was looking over the instructions that came with the kit from harley, i wanted to know if there are any good videos or step by step pictures because the instructions are not as clear as i hoped to be and i really don't want to mess this up can anyone help me out?

Old 04-18-2012, 08:47 AM
NYCFXDC13
Cruiser

this is the kit that i ordered, if there is anyone with an instructional video or pics let me know, but my other question is do these have to be placed by the lower triple tree or can i put them on the upper triple tree? and if i cant which is the correct kit that will alow me to do that ?

Old 04-18-2012, 09:02 AM
rjheff
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you might have clearance issues if you mount them at top tree. I'm not sure but I think I read somewhere that they might hit the gas tank.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:10 AM
NYCFXDC13
Cruiser

ok cause i have seen these simple kits were it's a bolt and you can mount it at the top triple tree.. the only reason is i have a quarter fairing arlen ness and i don't want the turn signals to be lower then the fairing i think it would look a little off

Old 04-18-2012, 12:47 PM
chamba
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have clearance issues just drop it to the tree, you will look fine. when testing the clearance just do it slowly....

Old 04-18-2012, 12:52 PM
NYCFXDC13
Cruiser

Ya I'm gonna have to test it out thanks for the insight

Old 04-18-2012, 01:17 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The bolt kit setup your talking about only works with certain years because of the design of the recess in the triple tree where the bolt threads in to tighten the pinch clamp. Wouldn't work on your year bike. I have the same kit you do and I put them right above the lower tree and since the tree is chrome as well as the kit it blends really well so I would say try it out there and see if you like it. Its a clamp style housing so you can move it up or down later on to where you like the look of.

Attached Thumbnails front signal relocation kit-img_1784.jpg  
Old 04-18-2012, 02:02 PM
NYCFXDC13
Cruiser

ok well that's what i was wondering if i can place it higher i wasn't sure if it would stay if i raised it up the for a little bit, the clamp style i don't mind it at all i just wanted the option to raise it up the forks, ok i will try it out

Old 04-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Shado
5th Gear

Those look pretty slick... where did you find the kit if you don't mind me being nosey?!

Old 04-18-2012, 05:39 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shado
Those look pretty slick... where did you find the kit if you don't mind me being nosey?!
If your talking about the clamp style for 49mm forks - HD P/N 69433-08A and if you shop around online can find them for about $70 or maybe less here in the states. I got mine used on here for less. I like them cause it keep the stock bullets but puts them down front instead of hanging of the handle bars and the clamps feel pretty solid so no worries about cheapo crap causing you to lose the turn signals going down the road.

http://shop.lvhd.com/products/produc...productID=6432

Last edited by xantasm; 04-18-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Quick Reply: front signal relocation kit