Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True-Track

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 04:15 PM
jb7
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default True-Track

It took me about 2 1/2 hours by myself, but I got the True-Track installed. I have a 2012 SuperGlide so I had to remove the 2 bolts from the transmission mount and reinstall them from the primary side. Even though I was following the directions and removed one bolt at a time, reinstalling the front bolt of the transmission mount required a little jacking up on the transmission to be able to reinstall it. It is definetly a pain in the butt job, but with a lot of patience and a lot of cursing it can be done. Took it for a very short test ride and felt no increase in vibration or anything else out of the ordinary. Will give it a good evaluation on some twistys this weekend.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:28 PM
secondlook
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My shop said the same thing about needing a second jack also that it wasn't as simple as instructions say. However they re-aligned motor after initial install because I was getting an awful vibration but now its all set! Had a great ride this weekend and stability is so much better. A must have for our bikes!

Old 04-17-2012, 06:36 PM
odd_child4life@hotmail.com
Tourer

ive had mine sitting in my parts drawer for a couple months now... i need to get around to throwing it on. i looked at the instructions when i got it and i thought they were very poorly written. usually pictures make things a bit clearer but in this case... made it a bit more confusing!

Old 04-17-2012, 07:27 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Have you guys really felt the need to have to get one? Ive seen all the posts about how great they are but i have yet to feel this wobble everyone seems to get on dynas

Old 04-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Kevinmach1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by WideGlideFever
Have you guys really felt the need to have to get one? Ive seen all the posts about how great they are but i have yet to feel this wobble everyone seems to get on dynas
I wonder if it would have anything to do with the weight of the driver??? Maybe more of a problem if the rider is over 200 lbs...???

Old 04-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Romeo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the situation that I encountered that caused me to take a serious look at the True-Track. A couple of days after I got my new 2010 FXDC, I was riding down a 2 lane black-top road that had a thin, ragged, wiggling crack running right down the middle of my lane. I noticed that as I crossed over it, the bike felt extremely unstable. I purposely rode the crack and it was downright scary! I thought "You gotta be f*ckin kiddin' me! My Sportster was much more stable than this thing!". I then did the research I should have done before buying the bike. I discovered of course that the rear fork is mounted to the rubber mounted engine and transmission.

To make a long story short, I installed the True-Track. Over 80% of the instability I encountered while riding on that crack was gone. Plus the bike feels much more stable around tight curves at high speed.

It just makes sense that the rear wheel should not have the ability to change its line of travel relative to the frame.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:25 PM
grumpy 1962
Advanced

i to, have tt, sitting on the bench.
bought some decent rear shock's, hagon nitro's.
the idea, was to fit one thing at a time, to feel the difference.
i don't think i need the tt.
my weight is 214lb's.
i can't understand the lousy instruction's niether.
thinking of selling or swaping the tt for something i really need.
grumpy.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:39 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevinmach1
I wonder if it would have anything to do with the weight of the driver??? Maybe more of a problem if the rider is over 200 lbs...???
After reading the posts about them, I was beginning to wonder if it had anything to do with lowering shocks, swapping handlebars, etc... Might just be coincidence, but it seemed that everyone who stated they felt unstable had some sort of mod that may have affected the balance of the bike. I really have no clue, just a guess.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Romeo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WideGlideFever
After reading the posts about them, I was beginning to wonder if it had anything to do with lowering shocks, swapping handlebars, etc... Might just be coincidence, but it seemed that everyone who stated they felt unstable had some sort of mod that may have affected the balance of the bike. I really have no clue, just a guess.
Mine was bone-stock when I installed the True-Track. You can measure the difference it makes by placing a mag-base with dial indicator on the fender with the indicator tip against the end of the axle while tipping the bike from side to side. My .1" travel indicator did not have enough travel to measure the side to side movement of the rear fork prior to installing the True-Track.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:34 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This brings up a very good question. If everyone swears that a Dyna handles better than a Softail then why is this kit even around and why would anyone want or need to install it? Wait, I know why. Because of the shimmy you experience in curves. You know, that shimmy you don't experience with a Softail.

Quick Reply: True-Track