Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2-up seat most comfort?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Dirty Bay Bobber
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2-up seat most comfort?

Can anyone tell me what is the most comfortable 2-up seat. Im looking for the best bang for my buck/ i had been looking at the mustang day tripper but im worried that my girl will be uncomfortable due to thin/narrow seat.

Any suggestions?

Old 04-15-2012, 03:12 PM
chamba
Road Master

sorry if im just like the rest, but I was asking this question not long ago. I now have a sundowner........ I recommend it.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Papple
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat.......

The HD Sundowner seems to be a reasonable alternative in the comfort department but some people think it's kind of ugly. None the less if you shop around they can be had used for less then $200.00.

I recently placed a WTB ad on my local Craigslist and scored one for $75.00.

I'm sure there are other great touring seats available but ultimately it's up to you and your girl friend.

Ride Safe,
P

Old 04-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Dirty Bay Bobber
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chamba
sorry if im just like the rest, but I was asking this question not long ago. I now have a sundowner........ I recommend it.
How is the feel? I've Heard that it feels like your on the bike not one with the bike. I Love my stock fxdb seat "except on long rides" lol but even it feels like im really close to the grips.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:14 PM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I installed Corbin dual tour & have no complaints, not even from the bride.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Switchback12
Road Master
Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Comfort or looks, seldom will you find both! Good thing is seats are very easy and quick to change. The HD sundowner or Signature seat will both give her 12.5 inches of width as will the Mustang wide Nostalgic, up front they are all 16"-16.5". All 3 will raise you up close to an inch and forward as well. We are both happy with the Signature seat. I have had Mustangs on 2 previous bikes, comfortable, but took a chance on the HD, it was actually $150 less to the comparable Mustang with driver backrest.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:42 PM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

After a five hour ride with my wife on my FXDF I am now looking for a new 2 up seat. She said until I find a comfy 2 up touring seat she won't be back on the bike.
My problem is I am veritcally challanged with a 29' inseam so the reduced reach seat works good for me in the reach department but I do agree some additional comfort would be nice. I have looked at the ads for the Saddleman, Mustang, and Corbin but no mention about rider position so any one with personal experience that can chime in?
Bob

Old 04-29-2012, 10:53 PM
clang
Cruiser

I am a big fan of the Mustang Wide Super Touring One Piece - VERY COMFY front and back.

Not cheap, but looks pretty good too:

Old 04-30-2012, 12:16 AM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by clang
I am a big fan of the Mustang Wide Super Touring One Piece - VERY COMFY front and back.

Not cheap, but looks pretty good too:

Looks great! I hope it will work for me. How tall are you and what is your inseam?

Old 04-30-2012, 04:59 AM
Willy723
Tourer

Mustang Solo with wide passenger, rear pillion pops on and off in seconds so the bike can look a bit better with the solo when she's not with you. Have not heard a complaint yet from the wife, and I felt the mustang sat me back about an inch from stock.

Quick Reply: 2-up seat most comfort?