Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDXT seat height

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 02:12 AM
Danofxdx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my FXDXT and will never part with it, ground clearance is part of why they handle well for a HD you can lean it over with out scrapping so I have not messed with that! I have gone through a bunch of seats, the stock seat was very confortable, the best was the HD sundowner with rider backrest, I have a C&C solo (not gel) that looks great but not as comfortable and now have a HD Ax stripper seat for a WG that also looks great but not as comfortable, I shop on eBay and buy used so if I don't like it I'm not taking much of a loss and can resell!

Old 04-20-2012, 07:27 AM
M&P340
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MLZ
Looks like I'm going to have to get used to riding a tall bike again. I was about ready to go with some 12 inch shocks to replace the 13.3 that are on the bike now, when I realized I only had about an inch of clearance between the top of my pipes and the bottom of my saddlebags. I haven't seen any seats that looked like they would lower me much, either, at least not without losing comfort on an all day ride, so unless I can figure out where Herman Munster bought his boots, I guess I'm going to have to start stretching.
I can sympathize, as my moped is an FXDP (which is just an FXDX with cop crap bolted on) with a cop spring seat that sets 31" up in the air. I'm 6-1 & it's tippy-toe city for me at lights. I've gotten used to it now & wouldn't change it. I think FXDX bikes look foolish/common when slammed. I'd sell it rather than lower it, but that's just me.