Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobra exhaust? Are they good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 01:39 PM
skip3406
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
Skip,
Does the back pipe get in the way of the oil cap? It looks like it is sitting right above it. I like the look of the Speedster Longs, but I am not sure about the interference of the back pipe and the oil cap.
I's a tight fit but you can get to it. My brother has V&H and it's the same way.
I keep one of those brown cotton gloves in tail bag to check the oil went it's hot.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:19 PM
streetpep
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love mine, got the big city baffles in mine and they are loud. The chrome on them are great no issues

Old 04-11-2012, 05:38 PM
flyingmonkey
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skip3406
Cobra USA has been around for at least 20 years. I haven' seen the Dragsters inperson. The standard baffles that come in them are at least as loud as V&H standard baffles marbe a little louder, too loud for me.
I went with the Speedsters because they have a built-in crossover like the big shots and they extend to the end of the swing arm. I also bought the quiet core baffles. I had V&H straight shot slip-on's with quiet baffles and I could feel the mid range power difference was much better on my bike.
Agreed. I also have the Speedsters and love'em!

Old 04-11-2012, 08:35 PM
billbuzz
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Good Product

I have Cobra slashcuts on my 2011 Wide Glide. They sound great and look awesome. I recommend them.

Attached Thumbnails Cobra exhaust? Are they good?-imag0053.jpg  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:05 AM
hddan502
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had the Dragsters for 3 full seasons. Louder each year, or seems so, but a nice med deep tone, not "tingy" sounding at all. They are loud if you are twisting heavy. The heat shields and chrome holding up great. My Woods 555 cams and tune increased the decibels quite a bit.

Attached Thumbnails Cobra exhaust? Are they good?-002.jpg  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:20 AM
dfndr
Road Master

Those look real nice. I like the longer length but I hate pipes that are too loud. I have Rush long series and like them a lot. They are ceramic coated with fuu length chrome heat shields. Might want to check them out. Good luck.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:47 AM
Divinitus
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Eagleman06
I have them on my bike with the baffles still in and they are a little loud. The chrome looks nice mine has a small spot that it is missing, not sure what happened they were on the bike when I bought it.
I asked my wife if I should remove the baffles because my friends bike is louder and she told me not to. I already have to roll it down the driveway and halfway to the first intersection to start it(glad its downhill). My son will wake up he hears it, most of the time my wife still knows what time I left.

Not sure of the quaility of V&H on just pipes,it was junk on both my Buell's cans!
No disrespect, but you asked your wife about pipes on your Harley? Something about that statement has to be breaking some sort if guy code.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:04 AM
Spud17
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steel Steed
Did you run baffles? Are the pipes more free flowing than the stock pipes? Was the performance good? Do you still have them, and are you selling them?

Yep I ran the baffles, they seemed to have good performance no hesitation down low or anything like that. I cant comment on how they are vs. stock because the stock pipes were long gone by the time I bought my bike. I sold them on ebay about a year ago.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Eagleman06
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Divinitus
No disrespect, but you asked your wife about pipes on your Harley? Something about that statement has to be breaking some sort if guy code.
lol! I guess thats why I've been married to her for 16 yrs,
I will turn in my man card, next time she takes a ride with me and that Has'nt happened since 96.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:38 AM
RLE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the dragsters on an old bike, sound great and are high quality.

Quick Reply: Cobra exhaust? Are they good?