Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Brace

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 03:32 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Super Brace

Has anyone put one of these on there wideglides, puting lowering kit on front as soon as it arrives thought i would put one of these on since harley dosen`t make one if you have chrome caps on forks, do you think these braces junk up the look of the front

Old 12-29-2006, 03:40 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Default RE: Super Brace

what's a super brace? have a link or a picture?

Old 12-29-2006, 09:05 AM
ad2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the Superbrace for my WG (I also have chrome sliders). It won't work with the chrome. I had to send it back. I've checked every resource possible and the only way to get a brace that fits chrome sliders is to have one custom made.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:48 AM
mhbetzer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 12-29-2006, 11:55 AM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put one on a '97 WG. Didn't notice any differance at all. waste of money, IMO.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:38 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior

Thanks for the link. I asked a similar question a few weeks/months back about the SE fork brace. As it turns out, I went to the dealer just the other day to pick one up...and I couldn't get it. Not because I have the chrome fork sliders...but because I have the billet dust covers. Interestingly, the HD P&A catolog specifies that the SE fork brace won't work with the "Fluted" dust covers...but it doesn't say it won't work with the billet dust covers. Of course, then if you look at the billet dust covers in the catalog, it specifically says you can't install the SE fork brace. If the guy at the parts counter didn't notice that, I'd have bought the damn thing and only realized when I got home that it wouldn't have worked.
Honestly, I'm kinda bummed because I really wanted the fork brace. At the same time, the billet dust covers do look nice....and to remove them, I'd have to remove the front wheel, sliders, etc....too much work for me.
If anyone has a brace, I'd be interested to hear about the difference it makes. I've heard all kinds of things...from, it makes all the difference in the world...to...I can't feel a thing.
Thanks again.

Todd