Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XIEDs to PCV, any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:57 AM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Foxster
As well as the damp issues that quite a few people have, there is also that there is a fundamental problem with the PowerCommander system. It needs the O2 sensors removed. It needs this because its a piggy-back unit and if the O2 sensors were left in operation then they, along with the ECU settings, would tend to undo the fuel changes the PC tries to make.

This means that you disable a major component of the engine management system that helps the bike to adjust. You are setting the technology clock back to pre-'07 when there was no self-adjusting system on Harleys.

Dynojet recognise this and so you can pay a load more $ and get the Autotune feature for the PCV. But then you are just re-enabling something you disabled because of a limitation of PCV.

Save yourself the grief and just get a PowerVision, SEPST or TTS and do a proper job of it.
+1 ..........I am a little biased as I have a TTS and it rocks

Old 04-04-2012, 10:41 AM
annapolisfatbob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
Well, glad it took 6 people to NOT answer the question. I know everyone has their preference and idea of what's best. I've read and done research and PCV is the best fit for me as far as price point and performance. The PCV is already in the mail so no point in saying "don't buy that". I plan to install carefully and grease up all connections so I don't think I'll have corrosion issues.

That being said, I'm taking off the XIEDs and putting in the PCV. Should I do anything differently or just a straight switch? Possibly running the bike a few days with nothing before the PC goes on?
just put the f*cker on..........does that answer your question sweety pie?

Old 04-04-2012, 10:54 AM
11glide103
Tourer

Originally Posted by emerican19
I'm yanking the XIED's off, PCV is on it's way. Any steps i should take? I read somewhere I should run it a few times with no XIED's and no Power Commander so the ECU can reset itself? Anything I should do?

OK, I removed my XEIDS, Installed my PCV with one of Jamie and Keith's custom maps and the bike runs great. Give it a try. Grease it up, tape the connections and ride it!

Old 04-04-2012, 11:09 AM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by annapolisfatbob
just put the f*cker on..........does that answer your question sweety pie?
It does, thanks babe

Old 04-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Clayvis
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think you could just disconnect the battery if you want to reset everything. I used dielectric grease on my pcv connections.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:20 AM
stevieg
Road Warrior

I bought some used XIEDs from this site. Then I overthought the situation and ordered a pre-mapped PC from Jamie with a Stage 1 kit. I'm replacing the pipes that were on the bike with Fatbob (catless) pipes and Screamin Eagle slipons. The bike has the stock A/C and since I'm having some other things being done to the bike and can't ride it I have too much time on my hands otherwise I would've tried the Xieds first. Sometimes I drive myself crazy. So...I may have some used XIEDs for sale here soon.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:04 AM
wyldspirit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only advise I can give is to check the touring section to see if the answer is there. I know that a couple of people there have sold them.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Loner88
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just put the the PC on, but skip the diaelectric grease and get some of this stuff http://corrosionxproducts.com/corrosionxpage.htm
way better, and you can use it to prevent rust on other parts of yer bike.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 AM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

remove the xieds, unplug the battery for 1/2 hour, then install PCV. this will reset the ECU. not necessary but it wouldn't hurt to do it and will alleviate all guess work.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:59 PM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the pcv and I did do the di-eletric grease and I am very happy with it. My bikes runs just perfect with it. Should I ever have to replace I will go with one of the Auto tune ones but for now I'm satisfied and so will you.