Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sissy bars

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:33 AM
SGH_Glide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, the crossbar kinda sucks if you want to get a seat with a higher passenger pad area.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:09 PM
johnjay
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never understood sissy bars except to strap luggage to, I guess. What is the purpose? If you have to exit the bike in a hurry it seems to me it could be in the way. Or is it for looks?

Old 04-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Skid Lid
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For me it's a place to strap a tour pack to, so if it's going to be there it's gotta look good, just like the rest of the bike, keep the flow.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:40 PM
SGH_Glide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have mine to bungy a skateboard to it.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Massive
Advanced

Definite pack support and 'ole lady rest

Old 04-02-2012, 05:22 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just put mine on... This guys design is awsome! Plasma cut skull, cross, spade or bar and shield... I got the skull on mine... Plus it will accEpt a backrest pad if desired,,

http://myworld.ebay.com/jacksondesig...id=p4340.l2559

Attached Thumbnails sissy bars-siisybar.jpg   sissy bars-5a.jpg  

Last edited by SuperFastGlide; 04-02-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:22 PM
smokinfromshootin
Tourer

Originally Posted by Massive
Definite pack support and 'ole lady rest
+1...so I can camp on the bike too.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Skid Lid
Road Master

Well after looking on ebay and around and not finding exactly what I was looking for and the fact that what was out there was $250-$350, I said Fu(k NO!!! I went and bought my cold rolled 5/8 roundbar and flat iron to make my own today, and you want to know what I spent on metal for this job???? $19.56, yup that's right your $300 sissy bar has less than $20 worth of metal, and I'm guessing it will be no more than 30 min to 1 hr worth of labour from start to finish, and that will include paint. I will post a thread in the Dyna forum of how it goes and how it turns out, I'll have to take it over to my buddies to weld but other than that I am sure I could knock out an unpainted version in less than one night after work.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:15 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I paid 250, but hey, I dont have a plasma cutter for the side plates... a torch and jigs to bend the metal, a welder, a powder coating shop, or the time... good luck on yours

Originally Posted by Skid Lid
Well after looking on ebay and around and not finding exactly what I was looking for and the fact that what was out there was $250-$350, I said Fu(k NO!!! I went and bought my cold rolled 5/8 roundbar and flat iron to make my own today, and you want to know what I spent on metal for this job???? $19.56, yup that's right your $300 sissy bar has less than $20 worth of metal, and I'm guessing it will be no more than 30 min to 1 hr worth of labour from start to finish, and that will include paint. I will post a thread in the Dyna forum of how it goes and how it turns out, I'll have to take it over to my buddies to weld but other than that I am sure I could knock out an unpainted version in less than one night after work.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Skid Lid
Road Master

Yes I am lucky to have access to a plasma cutter, and welder, shitty thing is I was using my cheap *** bench vise to do some of the bending and well needless to say, I will be buying a new bench vise, not the cheap $40 one I had, but dropping $100 on a new bench vise kinda makes this sissy bar venture a bit more costly, but at least it will be exactly what I want.

Quick Reply: sissy bars