Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield...Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 02:57 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Windshield...Yes or No?

Before I ask the question, this is my first post but I have been hanging around here for several months and have gotten a lot of great ideas and information from this site. So thanks to all of you.

Now the questions. I have an 06 Super Glide and I am trying to decide what to do with some money I won in a nascar pool. I know I'm spending it on my bike, but I can't decide whether I want a windshield or not. So those of you out there that have a removable windshield, would you buy another one? How often do you use it and when do you use it? ie: long rides, cold weather or whatever. Thanks.

Old 12-27-2006, 03:13 PM
MarkM
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Windshield...Yes or No?

I got one when I took delivery of my WG. I rarely use it here in FL. Most of the time it's warm enough so I don't need it for cold protection. I will put it on during love bug season if I'm going on a ride in the country. And, if I do a long ride on the interstates I'll use it then, too, to keep the high-speed debris from causing me grief. But, I like the look of the bike without it, and I actually prefer the way the bike handles without it also. If you can afford it, it's nice to have when you really need it. I'd say I use it maybe 10 times a year, and I ride almost every day.

Old 12-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Bob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a Memphis Shade shortly after buying the Street Bob.
I don't use it much putting around town, but love it out on the Interstate.
Large bugs, and small stones kicked up by cages, sting pretty good when encountered at 75mph.

Old 12-27-2006, 05:05 PM
gorilla
Cruiser

Get the windshield! I finally got mine and I know it will be great for trips and winter riding. I like my bike better without it, but sometimes it comes down to function over form. Welcome to the forum.

Old 12-27-2006, 05:12 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

I got the quick release HD model for the Bob. Love it for long trips, and really cold rides. Pops off in about 25 seconds, so around town puttin' is stylin.

Old 12-27-2006, 05:21 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can give the money to me for my 98 C.I. build!!!

If you REALLY, don't want to give the winnings to me, I say NO, to the windshield. I have found that you get so used to the wind cutting factor of the shield that you get spoiled and end up leaving it on more and more.

Old 12-27-2006, 06:33 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

for traveling and winter

Old 12-27-2006, 06:46 PM
HDnAQHA
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you get it, you will use it more and more. I have had mine on my Super Glide for about 1/2 of the 5000 miles I put on it this summer - keeps off the bugs - it only comes off on really hot days.

Old 12-27-2006, 07:00 PM
route2null0
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd have to say no. i bough the detatchable for my wide glide and hated it. just wasnt the same.

Old 12-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Zyklon
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Around town I do not use mine but trips on the interstate are much more comfortable with the windshield. Mile after mile of large bugs and small stuff whipped up by cars and semis can get old in a hurry. I have the detachable and have had no problems with it at all. Goes on and off in no time at all.

Zyklon

Quick Reply: Windshield...Yes or No?