Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield...Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Phil K
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Windshield...Yes or No?

Windshield on my Bob? Never! Have never had one on any of my bikes...and it really doesn't bother me...goggles take care of the eyes. Baggers are the only bikes i would even consider a shield for...and even they look better without...and besides, bugs are nutrititious!

Old 12-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Bob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Phil K-

You've obviously never tasted a "Love Bug".
The birds won't even eat them.

Old 12-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Sandhog
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

The folks that do use them swear by them.If I had a bagger I think I would like the idea much better because it comes with the terroritory somewhat.
I have an 84 FXRS with a detachable windshield I got as a gift.I installed it and couldnt wait to take it off.It against the wall behind my tool box.
On my wide glide I dont have one and most likely wont.I have two cars and a truck If I get tired of the wind,but with my schedule,week long rides are few and far between.
I dont really ride when it gets much below 40 degrees.I just dont like the feel of the windshield except on a full on touring bike.They seem better able to handle it I reckon.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Al Sena
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in oklahoma you better have a windshield. junebugs at 60 mph dont feel real good in the mouth or ear. the roads are pretty bad and theres always loose gravel and rocksflying around from the cagers. you will also be worn out from the wind sweeping down the plain. i use the low profile screen and it looks real good. its a no brainer. git the shield

Old 12-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Sandhog
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah Al,the damn bugs in Florida mean ya better have a windshield or riot gear at least sometimes

Old 12-30-2006, 09:20 PM
haksaw
Road Master

i'm not saying that anyone who has a w/s doesn't ride decent miles but just to get a fair idea i think guys who ride w/o should list their miles. I'm just under 40 and i have wrinkles on my wrinkles from riding with and without a w/s. I'd look like a damn sharpei puppy if i'd ridden w/o a w/s my whole life. I find riding with a w/s is better on any long ride. Obviously where you live has a lot to do with whether you need a shield or not. I'm in canada where the bugs last the whole riding season. I find it odd when riding into the US that when i hit the ND/SD border the bugs literallystop...i keep asking myself why the hell my ancestors settled here???? Frigid winters and oven hot summers combined with bugs and mosquitos..

Old 12-31-2006, 12:12 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior

I've got a quick detach and ride with it on 90% of the time.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:21 AM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member

No shield for me on the Dyna, but that is just the look I like on that bike.

Old 12-31-2006, 10:49 AM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Hacksaw - If you own a 'Credit Glide' and still have the nubs on your side walls, save your money or give it to the college girl waiting tables at Hooters.

Put over 11,000 miles on 2 bikes in '06. Havea quick-releasefor my Bob (more of a Night Train/Sport Bob) and use on the highway, Sturgis, cold weather and rain. It is what it is - they don't look that great on Dynas but if you are a true motorcyclist and live in the MidWest, it makes riding in less than desirable weather much more bearable!

I currently have a quick-release (Sportster) for sale on eBay if anyone is interested....Item number: 200062489565

Old 12-31-2006, 01:11 PM
puddles13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Previously had a w/s and enjoyed it. My 06 doesn't have one. Very much thinking about one- specially a quick release. Can take it off when I want the full wind in my face.
As for miles without a w/s.... in the last 5 months have put on 6800

Quick Reply: Windshield...Yes or No?