Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a windshield review.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 03:43 PM
jordanball33
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a windshield review.

Im in the market for a windshield and cant make my mind up what I want. I bought my bike with a harley quick detach windshield and quickly sold it because "I was too cool". now since im not so cool anymore I'm looking for another. Have tried the windvest 14 inch model but I would almost rather not have one. Please post up reviews of windshields if you have any. I've been researching the Long Ride Shields. I like the idea of the lip on top to turn the air up. Not so sure about their universal mount. But would like to try the replacement shield on the harley quick detach hardware. I saw a few guys put lower shield things that run down the legs and other types of wind deflection devices. Looking to take some longer trips this summer so im trying to gear up.

Please post pictures and reviews.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:53 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

****** i rocked a full shield and made the lowers off a touring bike work... it was flat out awesome, came on and off in no time, provided a ton of wind protection... was great! wife and i could carry on complete conversations... was nice... kind of wish i would have never sold the shield some times!

and with the shield and no lowers

Old 03-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Dustdevil21
Cruiser

JB,

I have the Quick-Release Super Sport Windshield 57300-06 on mine (well when I run it). It comes with the quick release clamps that leaves no hardware on the forks. You can adjusts it up and down as needed for the windflow. Long trips it is nice to have. I was just looking at it today and looking at the smaller Long Ride Shields, but it looks like the LRS sticks out forward more than the Harley shield.

I was interested in the windvest as you get a shield but doesn't look like you have windshield on it. Did you get a lot of buffeting with the windvest?

DW

Old 03-23-2012, 06:48 PM
onemyndseye
Tourer

CHeck my posts.... Im currently testing one of the new Universal mounts from Long Ride Shields. They just went on sale for 399.00$

Old 03-23-2012, 08:21 PM
jordanball33
Road Master

The windvest was nice I just think I needed the 16 inch instead of te 14. I'm 6'3. But I really would like one just like joe. I'm going into more of a touring style but all quick detach. Love traveling and the shield, along with bags will help me go that much further. Let me know if you guys run across one. Of course I'll have to black the mounts out. Looks so good like that. Thanks for the feedback

Old 03-23-2012, 09:00 PM
cmancini26
Tourer

Memphis shades fats is what I have and love it

Old 03-23-2012, 09:03 PM
jordanball33
Road Master

Originally Posted by cmancini26
Memphis shades fats is what I have and love it
Got any pics?

Old 03-23-2012, 09:42 PM
arkstreetbob
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Windvest on mt SB. It is 14" wide and 16" tall. It works great! I had to adjust the angle 2 or 3 times but after that almost all the wind goes over me. I waited a long time before I got one just because of the cost. I realy like the look and as I said it works great.

Attached Thumbnails Need a windshield review.-hpim0582.jpg  
Old 03-23-2012, 09:52 PM
cee
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Since you already have the hard bags, have you thought about detachable batwing with windshield. I'm putting one on my dyna superglide for long trips this summer. Think they look good and will give me some hand protection as well.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:12 PM
TGWN
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stay away from the touring HD shield. That sucker is like a vacuum and will suck water off the road. A little wind is a good thing. I was tryig to mirror my Triumph and the wifey mightn like. Find something that will deflect the big bugs and you will be happy.

Quick Reply: Need a windshield review.