Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My wheels don't look like anyone else's WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Mr.Guns
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My wheels don't look like anyone else's WTF?

It just clicked in my brain as I have been watching a lot of wheel threads go by, that my spoke wheels look different from most of the other stock wheels I see... I've been wanting to get something different, like the 10-spoke mags but I can't even come up with a ball park for what to ask for mine... They're apparently called Tubeless Chrome Profile Laced wheels. They have a 'smoothie' look to them, no lips like the other spokes I've seen. I bought the bike used, and the front and rear wheels look just like these:

I Google'd my *** off to find them, and the website the pic came from says it's a 2012 option, and mine is an 07, so I'm guessing the previous owner managed to change the wheels while putting 900 miles on it. :|

Anyhow, since I don't have any idea what to even ask for them price wise, has anyone ever had these wheels powder coated? I may just go that route if I can't come up with a trade deal.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:37 PM
BMyers
Road Master
Received 99 Likes on 65 Posts

My 05 sporty had the same wheels new from the MoCo, so they must have been available since then

Old 03-23-2012, 03:53 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Profile Laced wheel is optional, it costs more $$ when you buy new.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Mr.Guns
Road Captain

Maybe one of our PC guys will chime in, I'm thinking about getting the smooth part PC'd in black and leaving the spokes chrome if I can't find a good trade locally.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Pipedope
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look like the laced wheels on my 06 wide glide.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Mr.Guns
Road Captain

Anyone seen these with the spokes left chrome and the wheel done black? Maybe I should break out the Plasti-Dip for a test run to see what powdercoating would look like before I spend $300 getting them done.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:28 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Sell yours and buy a set of 09 and up street bob wheels. Less work since you'd have to disassemble your wheels for powder coating. You'd probably find someone who'd trade you straight across on here.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:40 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Those were optional in 2010 and I think for some time before that - nice looking wheel but I think they were $450ish extra.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Punchsmack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ryderbiker
Sell yours and buy a set of 09 and up street bob wheels. Less work since you'd have to disassemble your wheels for powder coating. You'd probably find someone who'd trade you straight across on here.
+1

I've been wanting to flip my black wheels for cast wheels (Magnum 5 or Reaper) for a while now. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only owner of black spoke wheels that would be willing to sell.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Mr.Guns
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ryderbiker

Are the StreetBob wheels profiled the same, or do they have the lip like the other laced wheels?

Mine have some pitting, which is why I'm leaning towards powder....

Quick Reply: My wheels don't look like anyone else's WTF?