Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam/pipe install done...WOW

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 02:06 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NTrain177
after a 2nd look at my read out i had the numbers *** backwards, its 91.34 for the HP and 102.31 for the TQ..truth be told i am a little unhappy with the numbers i told myself i would be happy with a 90/100 build...but was really shooting for a 95/105...oh well a dyno is just a tool and they are a little different...a different day or a different dyno and 95/105 could be a real number.
Those rear wheel numbers would make me happy

Old 03-22-2012, 02:22 PM
iroc86er
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be interested in how much all that ran you too if you don't mind sharing. I have a 12 wide glide with the 103", assuming our motor is the same stock hp I'd go ape$h1t having over 90hp on my bike. Definately notice the lack of power when I ride 2-up and my girl is only 120lbs. I'd need intake, pipes, cam and computer. Good luck with the bike, hope you won't be buying a rear tire anytime soon.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:43 PM
arkstreetbob
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Cams and exhaust are one of the best things you can do. I love my cams and wish I had done them sooner.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:20 PM
BradP1987
Advanced

that is one of the upgrades i plan on doing sometime this coming winter. I want to do cams, pipes, and intake. but i have to fix some cosmetic stuff first...some of the chrome is peeling/has peeled off...

Old 03-22-2012, 06:37 PM
rudyt
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my build! 99hp/112tq. Major difference with mine is the head work I had done (Big Boyz Street head port/polish). I didn't have the intakes opened up (just polished) because I wanted to maintain intake velocity for drivability. Go with compression releases and you won't have any problems with 10:1. Most people will say it's over kill on a 10:1 motor but after our 50 days of 100+ temps last summer (in the south), I was glad I did them. Cheap insurance to avoid future starting problems + it helps the starter not work as hard. Dyno runs were before and after SERT tune.

Dyno run, 4th gear. Note that the bike is still making power at 6k rpm. I kept the limiter at 6k anyway for reliability purposes. TW-555 are great cams for street motors in my opinion. Little to no drivability issues other than a slight loss of torque felt right off idle (pulling from a stop light). If you having problems with drivability (the base tune for break-in was horrible for transitions) on TW-555 cams your tuner isn't doing a good job. This guy spent a lot of time working out low throttle transitions (notice no hiccups from 1800 rpm during pull) on my bike. It cost money but was well worth it.

http://youtu.be/7Z_3yW9K6ME

Old 03-22-2012, 07:13 PM
NTrain177
Cruiser

yes it was a ton of money, pipes, cam, push rods, air cleaner and a power commander and i dont buy cheap parts so between that and labor i would say it was right around 2500 bucks start to finish thats with a dyno tune..not sure what stock number were but i am guessing in the mid 60's? I have always figured its right around 100 bucks for every HP you want to gain...good luck to all who do a build they are WORTH the money i love the way my bike pulls now, my last HD was cammed and 2-1 pipe and blah blah but it did not run like this one...the woods 555 cam pulls great just wish it came on a bit sooner in the power but 102 TQ at 3500RPM is pretty sweet

Old 03-22-2012, 07:20 PM
cecharles
Tourer

after a 2nd look at my read out i had the numbers *** backwards, its 91.34 for the HP and 102.31 for the TQ..truth be told i am a little unhappy with the numbers i told myself i would be happy with a 90/100 build...but was really shooting for a 95/105...oh well a dyno is just a tool and they are a little different...a different day or a different dyno and 95/105 could be a real number.
Congratulations! Those are great numbers and I'm sure the smile on your face will be permanent now. Because of the warm weather I've been riding mine to work everyday and I love to twist the throttle and feel the power it has. I'm considering upgrading the heads next year for a little more power but not sure yet. I need to do more homework on that and decide which or how much head work will give me the most bang for my buck.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:19 PM
NTrain177
Cruiser

thanks and it does make me smile i have been enjoying the **** out of it the last few 75+ degree days...i was really hoping for numbers like your build!! haha oh wells always wanting more

Old 03-23-2012, 06:28 AM
cecharles
Tourer

Originally Posted by iroc86er
I would be interested in how much all that ran you too if you don't mind sharing. I have a 12 wide glide with the 103", assuming our motor is the same stock hp I'd go ape$h1t having over 90hp on my bike. Definately notice the lack of power when I ride 2-up and my girl is only 120lbs. I'd need intake, pipes, cam and computer. Good luck with the bike, hope you won't be buying a rear tire anytime soon.
I bought a day after Thanksgiving package at my dealer that knocked $400 off the price. It included the exhaust system, cams, breather, tuner and before and after dyno runs for just over $2,100. They did everything, all I had to do was drop it off and pick it up when it was done.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:30 AM
cecharles
Tourer

thanks and it does make me smile i have been enjoying the **** out of it the last few 75+ degree days...i was really hoping for numbers like your build!! haha oh wells always wanting more
Well as far as I'm concerned, I'm happy with what I have but there's always next year for a little more horsepower.

Quick Reply: cam/pipe install done...WOW