Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Billet Sprocket - Cut Back Gloss Black. Poor Quality Control from supplier

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 11:37 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Default HD Billet Sprocket - Cut Back Gloss Black. Poor Quality Control from supplier

So about a month ago I ordered one of these Billet Sprockets with the Cut Back in Gloss black from my local dealer. It comes in and I pick it up. Take it home and unpack it to install it and immediately notice that it is covered in an light film of grease and appears to have been "handled" a LOT. I take a rag and rub off the greasy coating and discover runs in the paint. I considered keeping it and putting it on but I knew it would always bother me...So, I return to the dealer and show the parts guy. He agrees with me, It's got to be returned. The paint runs are unacceptable. He orders me another one. About 10 days later I get a call from the same parts guy and he informs me that they finally got the next one in and he personally inspects it. He says that this second one had worse paint runs in it than the first one. He also commented that it was covered with a very greasy film and appeared to have been "handled". That seemed strange to both of us. I'm wondering if someone is covering up the poor paint with a greasy coating just to cover up their paint screw ups...Anyway, He also goes on to say that the HD Rep was there the day he inspected this second pulley and he shows it to him. He just shakes his head in disgust. So, Now the parts guy puts a call into HD and tells them about the poor quality paint finish. They go and check what they have in stock and discover that most ALL of them had issues with the painted surfaces. They immediately pull them from stock and will be contacting the supplier to see what is going on.

Anyway, the parts guy, whom I have ordered many parts from over the last couple of years was very appreciative of my patience while they get this situation sorted out. He was happy to say that "We have made a difference".

Oh well, just thought I share my experience...at least I have a pulley on there so I can ride in the meantime...

Attached Thumbnails HD Billet Sprocket - Cut Back Gloss Black.  Poor Quality Control from supplier-sprocket-2-.jpg   HD Billet Sprocket - Cut Back Gloss Black.  Poor Quality Control from supplier-sprocket-1-.jpg  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Gringoloco13
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that product should have never left the paint/powder shop looking like that! Poor QC on their part for sure but if the second one you ordered looked the same or worse than sounds like they don't really care. Time to go with a differant supplier for who ever HD contracted out for the the work.