Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Batery Tender Harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006 | 10:13 AM
Sammi
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Batery Tender Harness

Bought a HD Batery Tender last week for my '06 Low Rider and noticed it included the alligator clips but not the charging harness that's permanently attached, so I boughta harness.

The bike was at the dealer having the gas tank replaced, so I brought the harness to the service dept to have it installed since the bike was in their shop anyways.

Got the bike back last night (FINALLY) and the service writer gave me back the harness I bought.

Seems the bike already had the charging harness installed. The connector was tucked in the electrical panel on the left side of the bike.

A couple guys I ride with have Ultras and their bikes came witht the harness too.

Does the factoryinsall the charging harness on all bikes?

And has anyone moved the connector to the right side of the bike to make it more convenient to use?

Sammi

Old 12-22-2006 | 10:28 AM
Huebie
Tourer
Default RE: Batery Tender Harness

I believe so. I don't know how but my bike came with two harnesses and both of them work???

Old 12-22-2006 | 10:40 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member

Normally the dealers install these during inspection assembly, especially if they are located in areas that have very cold winters.

The harness (PN 94624-97B) only has a retail price of $7.95, so I'm sure the dealers purchase them by the case lot for next to nothing.

I have these installed on all my bikes, and they are the greatest things since sliced bread.

Sure beats the 'old days' when we had to pull the seats on and off all the time to hook up the battery tenders.

Old 12-22-2006 | 02:08 PM
mikeurig
Road Master
Default RE: Battery Tender Harness

My '06 Bob didn't come with one so I installed one and have it hanging out on the left side so I can hook up my electric vest.

Old 12-22-2006 | 03:43 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

I just took mine off when I was doing the battery recall work myself. The dealer pinched the harness wire with the cover when installed, and since I never used it and not sure if it will work since it's pinched so bad, I took it off. I never did like the look of it being zipped tied to the frame and just hanging there. I ride it enough and I don't have to put her up for the winter. I guess this is one of the few benefits of living in the South.

Old 12-22-2006 | 03:59 PM
jbe
Road Captain

My 2006 SG did not come with a harness. I added my own.

Old 12-22-2006 | 05:10 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior

pretty sure its an individual dealer thing. The dealer in Vancouver Wa does not do this, but the dealer down in Portland puts them on every bike.

side note: I don't know about now, but when I bought my bike, dealer in Vancouver was MSRP, dealer in Portland was over MSRP... so, take that for what its worth.

Old 12-22-2006 | 05:57 PM
wasp
Cruiser

i dont have the hd brand but bought the deltran battery tender plus and it comes with the plug up harness. (think i saw where hd brand is deltran anyways)

Old 12-22-2006 | 07:00 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member

My 06 Lowrider came with a battery tender free, the 07 SE Ultra had the wire but they wanted you to by the tender. I think they put the wire on as mentioned above when putting them together since it's apart and easy to do, then if you want to by the tender they can hand it to you. I wasn't going with this i buy it bit, i did get my tender free on the 07 as well.

Old 12-22-2006 | 11:40 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member

You can make something like what I did. Buy some wire and a couple of banana jacks at a local electronics store. Solder the wires to the male end of the black jack, put sleeving over it, bolt it to the ignition cover and runthe other endto the battery.Mark your positive and negative leads on the battery charger, cut the connector off, trim insulation and secure the wires in the banana jack connector using the screws that are in the connector. I park my bike with the left side of the bike next to a wall and looking under the battery is a clear view to see when mating the connector.It would have been more convenient or the right side of the bike but I wanted something out of sight, and when the bike is on its kick stand it is not visible.[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

Quick Reply: Batery Tender Harness