Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New hard bag pics. A lot like FLD. You tell me.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:05 AM
jordanball33
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

probably gonna go with the edge brackets. the guy designed them to be always on. so it has two longer bolts with spacers. and there is also a bracket that goes under the fender ( my tire was too wide to hook that up) they were sturdy. but im probably gonna go with edge brackets to make sure they are secure.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:37 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

looks great man! plasti dip on the bags is a temp fix will only last a month or so.... they look great man!

Old 03-08-2012, 09:41 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
looks great man! plasti dip on the bags is a temp fix will only last a month or so.... they look great man!
I plastidipped the wheels on my truck about 6 months ago...right thru winter without a mark scratch or any peeling. It's def temporary but you'll get much more than a month out of it.

J.ordan, the bags look great

Old 03-08-2012, 09:44 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

wow! i do belly pans on my snowmobiles all the time... they only seem to get though a few trips a year... that si good to hear!

Old 03-08-2012, 10:01 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

wow! i do belly pans on my snowmobiles all the time... they only seem to get though a few trips a year... that si good to hear!
Lol dude compare the wear and tear a snowmobile belly pan sees to the wear and tear part time saddlebags see...

Old 03-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Mr.Guns
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My Tahoe has been Plasti-Dipped for over a year now, and my entire scoot has been dipped for over 6 months without an issue.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:31 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

I reallly like those. Please give us the details so I can order me up a set. I was planning to wait till leather pros came up with the extra large dyna bags, but i might really prefer these hard bags if I can land a set.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:02 AM
jordanball33
Road Master

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
I reallly like those. Please give us the details so I can order me up a set. I was planning to wait till leather pros came up with the extra large dyna bags, but i might really prefer these hard bags if I can land a set.
these were a one time thing. this was teh first set he made and had plans to make many more sets and sale at a great price. i spoke with him a few times about them and he couldnt find time. this was over a year ago. i contacted him a few weeks ago adn he said there was no way he could get time to make more so he sold me the "prototype" bags. i sent him the pics of the bag on my bike and told him he could sell all he wanted. Maybe if he realizes he could do very well selling these he would make more. but i dont think he realizes how much people want hard bags like these on a dyna. but all the responses i get about them, i will send along to him and maybe we can get him amped up and build more.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:04 AM
jordanball33
Road Master

does any one have the dimensions on the FLD bags? also do you guys have any ideas for some type of liner for the inside.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Mr.Guns
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ******ball33
does any one have the dimensions on the FLD bags? also do you guys have any ideas for some type of liner for the inside.

Depends on what you want, but I'd personally put some Rhino Liner in there.

Quick Reply: New hard bag pics. A lot like FLD. You tell me.