Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spring mods have started!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Some good mods. I've thought about floorboards but can't make up mind.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:03 AM
'10 Wide Glide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see your bike finished, I always like what you do to your bike Joe

Old 03-08-2012, 12:12 AM
macnab_sf
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go Joe!

Old 03-08-2012, 06:58 AM
WIDERGLIDER
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
no they are the 1/2 moon shakers i wanted something i could have complete adaptability... i still may have to strip the powder i just laid and cut and weld them a bit i want to move them as close to the bike as i possibly can the ones i have seen stick out a good amount ya know
Joe when I mounted clevis boards I found a bit of play in the right side, could not get it tight, the mount (flat on one sid and rounded on the other) may be manufactured to have a little play in it, and the extra leverage with the boards moved it around a bunch....didn't like it....have you had this problem?

Old 03-08-2012, 07:09 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

This should be a nice project to see when it is all finished!

Old 03-08-2012, 09:28 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

well i got the boards done last night... I AM SOLD on them.... still have to weld up a heel shift'r
I kind of pieced together the stock parts the way that they come just did not line up well at all, used some liquid nails all purpose adhesive to attach the rubber back on the boards, and they are good to go! So glad i coated them black they look great on the scoot

Brake side

shifter side

Old 03-12-2012, 11:58 AM
JRK5892
Banned

ok... so took some time to work on the scoot this weekend

few things needed to be re done... my pulley being one of them, got some new bolts for that and coated those and the rotor bolts...figured while i am coating may as well re coat the rotor, headlight mount, lower air damper, and few other odds and ends... but mostly bolts hahaha ooh ya finally was able to get to my top trans case and change that from black cherry to gloss black... got the pipes off the bike and have them boxed up ready to ship to the buyer... and began to mod the bub lakester
*promise to take a real camera out to the shop with me as well!!! sorry for the **** cell pics

new headlight mount/air damer coated

moved my horn to the back side of the battery box so it is completely out of site, upgraded it to a take off i had in the shop that was much louder

mock up for the pipe

general mock up with shields on

just so happens one of the guys in the shop is the most insane pipe builder i have ever seen in my life!!! his custom turbo piping would blow your mind! so i am going to be leaning on Tim for a bit of help on this one... cut the tip off so i can get the angle right this week then move on to fab up the support bracket

top trans case coated black

new pulley installed, NEW bolts and coated, rotor freshly coated and new coated rotor bolts

Last edited by JRK5892; 03-12-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:38 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Looking goog, looking good! The pipe is reminding me of something on a crotch rocket with that kick up you have going on!

Old 03-12-2012, 12:55 PM
JRK5892
Banned

kind of what i am going for... more the cafe scene, they sit so low the drag and on my bike i have pretty much ZERO strait lines, everyting is curved/round... so a strait pipe out the side of the bike would look so out of place... so the kick up will give me the curve i need and not drag in turns!

Old 03-12-2012, 01:19 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

I hear ya there Joe. I drag mine all the time with just the back of the bike being lowered. One time I dragged so bad that my rear wheel lost contact for a milli-sec and it scared the **** out of me.

Will the pipe be an issue with your bags installed, maybe in the way or to much heat exiting the pipe and maybe damage the bag? Not sure if you thought of theat or not!

Quick Reply: Spring mods have started!