Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob forward controls

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 10:38 PM
JimiB
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Bob forward controls

Hey all, I'm in the market for a new H-D as I just sold my other one recently.I will probably be buying a Street Bob but I have a question first. I want to install forward controls on it when I get it, but I was told by a H-D salesman that I wouldn't be able to reach them. I'm 5'7" in height. I really love the way the Strret Bob looks and I want the forward controls. Is this guy bsing me or what? Anybody else out therethats vertically challenged that installed forward controls on their bobs? I really appreciate any feedback.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:55 PM
metal_mike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Street Bob forward controls

i have them on mine...and im 5'-11"have no trouble at all reaching them ,in fact theyre a lil closer than i figured they'd be....my wife however is about 5'-4" and can only reach the pegs[not enough to work the controls effectively] i think you'll be a bit more streched out than i am...but i dont think you'll have a problem
be advised though , this isnt an easy bolt on install anymore...have to get inside the primary, so i'd definately try out some similar models at the dealer to be absoloutely sure... try super or wideglides alot of them have fwds stock.....good luck

Old 12-20-2006, 11:55 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Wideglides are the only DYNA's that come stock with forward controls. If you have your heart set on a bob....just price in having the dealer install the forwards for you before pickup...that way the install is under warranty. 2006's and newer are a b1tch to install.

Joe

Old 12-21-2006, 02:31 AM
Hey Joe
Advanced

Old 12-21-2006, 04:51 AM
The Punisher
Banned

I am 5-10 and have no problem reaching the FC. Try putting on the heel rest kit with the FC it might help.

Old 12-21-2006, 05:39 AM
CrewDawg
Stage IV

JimiB,

I have an 06 street bob with the foward controls and I'm 5'8 I reach them just fine. I had the dealer do mine just like traveler said to do. I just had to get used to them.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:06 AM
stbob
Tourer

Dont buy a streetbob . Everyone will laugh and look at you funny. cause its a street bob.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:29 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: stbob

Dont buy a streetbob . Everyone will laugh and look at you funny. cause its a street bob.
If you do get a Street Bob just don't get that ugly black denim. Just kidding everyone knows Black Denim is the best).

Go to the Stealer and sit on a WideGlide, If you can reach the controls you'll be fine on the Bob. If you end up getting FC you can save alot of money by installing them yourself. And it can be done without removing the inner primary, just let me know when your ready and I'll walk you thru it.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm 5'8" and have HD forward conrols on my '06 Low Rider.

I can reach fine and they are very comfortable.

They can be installed without opening the primary - there is a chrome cap that can be placed over the exposed shaft.

Sammi

Old 12-21-2006, 10:34 AM
JimiB
Advanced

Hey everyone, thanks for all the info I really appreciate it.From what I have read,I don't believe I will have any trouble with reaching the forward controls.I did sit on a dyna wide at the dealers andI was able to reach the forward controls on that model, although,I did have to streach a little and at the time I hade my sneakers on, so I don't think I'll have a problem with my 30" inseam. HOGRIDA, thanks for the advice on the install, I will look you up when I'm ready to install. By the way, thats the best description I ever read as far as dealer.... Stealer. Going througheverybody's posts gave mealot of ideas on what I will be doing to my Bob when I get it.

Quick Reply: Street Bob forward controls