Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob forward controls

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 11:26 AM
2BKFXDL
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Street Bob forward controls

I am roughly 6'1" and have no problems reaching my forwards.....which are 3rd gen Kuryakyn.......[I liked em' much better than the HD ones].

My buddy is only about 5'6 and he reaches them just fine as well....though if he were any shorter he'd need platform shoes.

I think your dealer guy is full of crap.

Old 12-21-2006, 11:40 AM
jt1965
Road Captain

I am 5'8 and have no problem reaching my forward controls. And since they are the ones from the wideglide that you sat on they will be no problem for you either.

Old 12-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It doesn't matter what a person's overall heigth is...on this issue the inseam is what's mostimportant. You said yours was 30".

Iam 5'7" and have a 31" inseam and it seemed like a little bit of a stretch for me. It's not that I couldn't reach them, but when you ride for extended periods,I could feel that my upper thighs were holding my legs in position...more so than my feet resting on the pegs holding the weight. don't know if it makes sense they way I'm explaining it?! Hold your legs out in front of you and feel how the thighs are flexed some? That's what it felt like for me...if i relaxed, then it felt like my feet would slip from the controls.

Ibought the HD Reach seat, which is comfortable, looks decent and pushes you forward some. This helped tremendously.

Second, andI recommend it highly, are the pegs with stirrups. They give you so much comfort with the heel rests and took all the pressure from my legs.

Ialso went with the 2005 kit. Looks just fine, was $250 and works great. If I want to sell my bike, I can put the stockers on in no time at all.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:36 PM
JimiB
Advanced

Mascman, thanks for the reply. Where did you get the 2005 kit and what year is your Bob?
Oh and by the way, 2BKFXDL, you are right on the money, the salesman was full of it that's for sure. He just wanted me to upgrade to a Nighttrain or something else that he could get more bucks from me. Everybody's replies to my question helped a lot and I will go with my first choice with the Street Bob.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:20 PM
BlueShift
Road Master

I'm 6'2" and haveHD forwards on my Bob and they're fine. My wife is 5'7" and she can just reach them. I think that it's more a matter of the length of your inseam.
Some people have a long torso and short legs, some have long legs and a short torso. My inseam is 34".

Old 12-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: JimiB

Mascman, thanks for the reply. Where did you get the 2005 kit and what year is your Bob?
Oh and by the way, 2BKFXDL, you are right on the money, the salesman was full of it that's for sure. He just wanted me to upgrade to a Nighttrain or something else that he could get more bucks from me. Everybody's replies to my question helped a lot and I will go with my first choice with the Street Bob.
I have a 2006 Bob and I bought the forwards at M&M Cycles: https://www.mandmcycles.com/homepage.htm

Another good place for parts is Surdyke: http://www.surdyke.com/

Old 12-22-2006, 06:10 PM
soup48
Road Captain

JimiB, I am 5' 7" and have a 30" inseam and I'm very comfortable when riding in all distances.

Old 12-22-2006, 06:28 PM
JimiB
Advanced

Soup48, thanks for the info, finally another vertically challenged rider like myself. Loved the Bob ever since it came out and that was the only real thing that I had an issue with.

Old 12-22-2006, 06:36 PM
JimiB
Advanced

Also, Soup, how about posting a bigger pic of your Bob, it looks good on your sig, but I can't make it out real well.

Old 12-22-2006, 11:21 PM
black dyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am 5 8 and my inseam is 29 ,it feals like i just make it. the brake is a little out there but i am ok with it.i just could not ride with the mid pegs it was cramping up my 52 year old legs just below my hips,i dont know how anyone can ride with mid pegs.by the way i was sitting on some bikes at the dealer and i find that the floor boards on the hiway bikes fit my little legs better ,the road king is nice not to much stuff on it, my be i am gettig old i didnt like them when i was younger.

Quick Reply: Street Bob forward controls