Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Beads

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 03:05 PM
djbiker
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about the weight for front or rear, I am sure they have the info on their site. I have been running them now for a couple of years, no complaints at all, smooth as glass, and I will be using them from now on, no weights on the wheels, sure looks better, and rides great!

Old 03-12-2012, 03:56 PM
WanaRyd Wheels
Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 57 Posts

1 oz. up front, 2oz in rear.

Originally Posted by HDUltrarider1
Ok quick question to verify before I orders as the weights fell off my rear on my 07 Ultra with stock tires, As far as I can tell if I am reading it right I should go 2oz front and 2oz rear. Just seeing several post saying that the touring use 2oz in the front and 3oz in the rear. Anythoughts?

WanaRyd Motorcycle
1-888-926-2793

Old 03-17-2012, 11:16 AM
tonygret
Tourer

Just 2 days ago I had custom chrome wheels installed on my HD. They are smooth contoured wheels as pictured here. I can't for the life of me figure out why the dealer would use BLACK wheel weights to balance the, When I called them they gave an a silly answer that HD wont let them use lead any more and that's all they had.

I know this Dyna Bead question has been discussed ad naseum, but I think if they do work this would be one application where wheel weights shouldn't be used. I would also add them to the LT just for good measure.

At the risked of getting beaten, is there any definitive (independent scientific) proof one way or the other on Dyna Beads?

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Beads-img_7454.jpg   Dyna Beads-img_7455.jpg  
Old 03-17-2012, 12:22 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 380 Likes on 147 Posts

I put them in both front and rear a few years ago when I replaced both tires. I'm happy and unless I see something bad inside the tire the next time I replace them I'll be using the beads agian.

Their website has a chart for how much to put in. The wider your tire the more weight they recommend.

I used a palm sander to vibrate the rubber tube while installing them. Did both tires in about 30 minutes.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:29 PM
steveusaf
Advanced

In a moment of boredom I was reading through the warranty and instructive pamphlets for the tires that came with my 2012 FXDC. I noticed that putting any liquid or other materials inside the tire for balancing would void the warranty.

Not saying they don't work, but for some reason both Michelin and Dunlop don't like internal balancing materials.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:52 PM
MXerwithaBob
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steveusaf
In a moment of boredom I was reading through the warranty and instructive pamphlets for the tires that came with my 2012 FXDC. I noticed that putting any liquid or other materials inside the tire for balancing would void the warranty.

Not saying they don't work, but for some reason both Michelin and Dunlop don't like internal balancing materials.
They won't warranty the tire if a third party product is in it because they can't prove without a shadow of a doubt that the tire failed due to a manufacturing defect. They warranty a tire balanced with weights because they don't have anything to do with the tire itself.

That being said, not much will get you a warrantied tire anyway, been there done that with auto tires.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:58 PM
kydav
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is an alternative bead system on the market, it's call CounterAct. Instead of using ceramic bead they use hardened glass beads. The have been used in over-the-trucks for years. They also provide soon static electricity and the bead say in place for up to 2 week. I put them in my 2009 FXD SuperGlide. The only vibration I have now is engine vibration, pull in the clutch and coast smooth as ice.

Rick

Old 03-18-2012, 05:38 AM
dtone72rss
Cruiser

Was getting 7k out of rear, now at 10.5k and vs prob get another 2k out of it at least