Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stalling, again.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 09:27 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

My 07 has 7 years extended warranty, should I leave the power commander on while they re-flash the ecu? Would they still do it even I have added a power commander?

Originally Posted by upnorthbiker
Hi,
Had the same problem when I had a Superglide, tried everything you have and some, then I came across this tech bulletin on the net and the local HD shop flashed the ECU and set up the TPS voltage. Fixed 100%.
Have a look, it may be this.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:25 PM
hungoverdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tech update looks interesting, Ive got my 15K service coming up and I'm going to ask them to do this at the same time.

Do you think they'll charge me?

Old 05-24-2012, 05:28 PM
upnorthbiker
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi 128, With the power commander you can actually read the TPS voltage and if its in the range described in the bulletin you dont need the flash update. The voltage is displayed in the tps calibration screen. The flash can be done with the powercommander fitted to the bike.
Remember that after the dealer does the flash, its worthless if he doesnt adjust the tps voltage to within the recommended settings.
I have a PC5 fitted with autotune and they did it to mine so I see no reason why they shouldnt do it to yours. Because the autotune uses the diag hook up connector they had to disconnect the autotune to plug in the HD tech equipment on mine.
If you have extended warranty they shouldnt charge you for a factory update, but I bet they try to !
Your fault description sounds exactly the same as to what was happening to my 07.
Regards,
Jeff

Old 05-25-2012, 01:36 AM
Original Scourge
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the condition of the fuel hoses inside your tank. They rub against stuff and get pin-holes resulting in a drop in both fuel pressure and volume thus giving the exact problem you're describing without throwing a trouble code. Replace them with Gates submersible fuel hose. Check eBay for the best price.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:51 AM
rebelranger
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

two things that stopped the stalling on my 07 Street Bob. (1) clean/replace air filter, (2) check/tighten battery terminals.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:01 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Are you kiddn?
You made my day! Talked to dealer yesterday, they said either way I have to pay $60 for the re-flash, wtf? I like to do it myself if possible. Can you pm me and explain how to? Or a link will be great. Thanks a lot! BTW I have a PCV

Originally Posted by upnorthbiker
Hi 128, With the power commander you can actually read the TPS voltage and if its in the range described in the bulletin you dont need the flash update. The voltage is displayed in the tps calibration screen. The flash can be done with the powercommander fitted to the bike.
Remember that after the dealer does the flash, its worthless if he doesnt adjust the tps voltage to within the recommended settings.
I have a PC5 fitted with autotune and they did it to mine so I see no reason why they shouldnt do it to yours. Because the autotune uses the diag hook up connector they had to disconnect the autotune to plug in the HD tech equipment on mine.
If you have extended warranty they shouldnt charge you for a factory update, but I bet they try to !
Your fault description sounds exactly the same as to what was happening to my 07.
Regards,
Jeff