Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White FF Helmet on Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 08:12 PM
05DynaFxDx
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White FF Helmet on Dyna

I'm going to be in the market for a new FF helmet soon and have been trying to decide on what color between flat black or white in the Simpson outlaw bandit. Anyone have any pictures of them wearing a White FF on a dyna. Thank you

Old 02-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Animosh
Intermediate

Don't worry about how you'll look; worry about being seen.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:12 PM
hboat
Cruiser

My helmets are all flat black cuz I'm that sorta guy, but my safety conscious mechanic in Santa Fe tells me that research supports that white is the safest color.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:46 PM
05DynaFxDx
Intermediate

I have never thought about the saftey of the color that's a good point. I was just worried that white wouldn't work with a black bike

Old 02-29-2012, 12:13 AM
streetbobkid
Road Captain

It works fine, gets a lot more attention though, sometimes I wear a white ff, its not all white though.

You can see it on the highway peg, doesn't give the best picture.

There's atleast one person on a dyna in this video with a white ff on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKuL...e_gdata_player

Old 02-29-2012, 06:40 AM
INADAZE
Cruiser

Get the best of both worlds. Take a look at the Bell Revolver Rally helmet. It's a modular/flip-up as opposed to a FF, but you can get black and a killer white racing strip!

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ly-Helmet.aspx

Old 02-29-2012, 07:23 AM
leafman60
Road Captain
Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts

Well congratulations to a thoughful rider ! Anyone on a H-D who is gonna buy a full-face helmet deserves my input and compliments.

98 percent of the time, I wear a FF helmet - on my Harleys and my other bikes. They are more-protective, quieter and they allow me to listen to the radio over my in-helmet electronics.

I tend to like the upper-end helmets like Shoei or Arai mostly because of their supreme comfort. Their interiors are very plush.

Regarding colors - that's important. I like a light color. White is just fine. Light silver is also good.

My reason for the light colors is temperature. I do a lot of riding in a hot climate. Set a flat-black helmet out in the sun next to a white or silver one and check how hot they get after a few minutes. The lighter colors reflect more of the heat. Maybe if I was doing a lot of cold riding, I'd choose dark.

I don't get too concerned about matching helmets or accessories to the color of the bike. I'd rather mix it up.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:56 AM
jwright302
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got one of those, also got a tinted shield for it. Very very nice quality for 100$ but I haven't got to try it out yet. I also got the chin gaurd or whatever you call it, only 10 more bucks.

Originally Posted by INADAZE
Get the best of both worlds. Take a look at the Bell Revolver Rally helmet. It's a modular/flip-up as opposed to a FF, but you can get black and a killer white racing strip!

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ly-Helmet.aspx

Old 02-29-2012, 09:05 AM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 02-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Kanzig
Tourer

tosuSteve, how is the air raid helmet? I was considering that one, the review of the helmet is sort of mixed. I like the look and the price, what's the air flow like?

Quick Reply: White FF Helmet on Dyna