Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD&G Battery Bag

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 128auto
My leg touches the bag only when I stop, I don't hit nothing while I am riding, all good!
Put one on my bike too. Same thing. I like it though.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:41 PM
voudoujoe
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I've ridden with it for a little bit and have some thoughts that might be helpful to others thinking about this bag.

I general, I like it. It's been big enough to cart around cell phone, gloves, extra glasses, bungee cords, etc. I have the Tommy Gun exhaust, so it could be been a little deeper.

The one thing I really didn't like about it - the tabs on the sides (that go under the cover flap) are too short. My leg hits it ... and yours will too ... at a stop light and crushes the top a little. Not a big deal in itself, but the little flap pops out. Its irritating and you have to open the bag, fold the tab in and then close the bag again to tuck it in correctly so the bag squares up.

Since the tab problem could be fixed by making the tab a little longer, so I sent Greg at BAD&G an email, explained what happens and asked him to sell me a couple pieces of scrap leather. I go no response ... although I heard from him pretty damn fast when I wanted to buy the bag.

Anyway I give it an A overall, A+ on quality and looks, A on design, A+ on sales customer service, D on post sales service.

I ended up fixing it myself ... Got a thick leather belt at Goodwill for $4. I cut the belt to length and lined the bag with it ... scoring the belt where it needed to round a corner. Secured it with some spray adhesive and a couple chrome bolts. Not only does it fix the tab problem, but it adds stiffness to the bag so it keeps its shape.

Last edited by voudoujoe; 06-11-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:01 PM
voudoujoe
Road Captain

Saw someone asking about this bag today, so I thought I'd update this post.

I've been riding with this little bag for a couple of months. Now that I fixed the tab problem, I really like it. The belt trick gave it enough stiffness that it doesn't crush at all.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Jim Chesson
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bag looks great. Was just checking them out on line. I can't tell. Is that a distressed brown leather seat you got there? If so what color leather did you order to match the seat?

PDP

Old 06-14-2012, 09:54 PM
voudoujoe
Road Captain

No. It's a stock black Street Bob seat. The bag is the standard black leather.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:09 PM
valter
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome idea with the belt!

Old 06-14-2012, 10:25 PM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good, i luv mine

Old 06-14-2012, 10:36 PM
valter
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i might like to stiffen up my solo bag, its a big floppy mess. I hear he made them better since i got mine last year. I have the tool bag where a spoiler would go, not sure if i need a third bag, but I am keeping this one in mind, and the belt mod!

Old 06-14-2012, 11:18 PM
rrm3
Tourer

Looks good have to get one.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Austin Dave
Road Master

What I installed. River Road brand. Due to the exhaust proximity, I went with this bag. No problem with the exhaust tho. Don't much care for the double-buckle and I may 'remove' them and rely on the Velcro I added. Anyway, the bag suits the need.
It measures: 8.5 x 6 x 3 w/double interior weather flaps

Last edited by Austin Dave; 12-24-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Quick Reply: BAD&G Battery Bag