Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD sissybar messenger bag vs HD backpack... comments?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 11:42 AM
obonaven
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a cheapo laptop messenger bag and made a few mods to it. Using quick disconnect clip I can quickly strap it to my sissy bar or on my solo luggage rack. I've been using it for the past 4 years with no issues.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:03 PM
JohnC FXDX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by obonaven
I have a cheapo laptop messenger bag and made a few mods to it. Using quick disconnect clip I can quickly strap it to my sissy bar or on my solo luggage rack. I've been using it for the past 4 years with no issues.
I just looked at the same thing for my laptop bag. It has both a messenger bag strap and backpack straps. It has two loop hooks both top and bottom for either straps. I'm mounting the back pack straps sideways and it fits around the sissybar and pad. I can snug them up and disconnect them quickly.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnC FXDX
I have a laptop backpack that I just bungee to the sissybar on the seat. Works at 85 mph. The problem with the HD ones or any bike specific bag is that they overcharge you for what they are. $149 do a backpack because it has a sissybar mounting flap? I was thinking of looking at a skateboard bag. Same principle but leas than half the price. Should be pretty easy to find a black one too.
I think mine was $119 shipped from Surdyke. It has laptop padding and pocket, rain cover, disconnect for shoulder straps with a tuck in pocket, stands upright, accessory port for a wire, separate section for files/documents, short and mesh pockets. I think it's a great piece of heavy-duty luggage.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:34 PM
JohnC FXDX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
I think mine was $119 shipped from Surdyke. It has laptop padding and pocket, rain cover, disconnect for shoulder straps with a tuck in pocket, stands upright, accessory port for a wire, separate section for files/documents, short and mesh pockets. I think it's a great piece of heavy-duty luggage.
My bag has all of those features as well other than the rain cover. It has a messenger bag style strap as well if you don't use it as a backpack. Separate padded compartment, little pen holders, pockets, etc. It just wasn't made for a motorcycle and it cost around $65. Anything made for a bike costs double. Someone posted recently about pet carriers. T bags or Kury had one for around $200. It didn't look any different than the airline approved carry on that sells for around $50-75. It just has a specific strap to mount it to the luggage rack. The airline bag has all of the necessary hooks to do the same.

I'm not saying that I don't like the stuff made for bikes. There are some really nice bags out there. I wish they didn't charge double what they should. They know they got the market by the ***** because it has a specific mount.