Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Handlebar Recall?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 01:15 AM
mtb017
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna Handlebar Recall?

I just took my bike in for the battery caddy bolt recall today. Got the work done in less than a half hour. Received my letter last Friday. When I took it in, they punched in my VIN and said the bike also had a recall order for the handlebars. Thought I saw a reference to it here last week as well. No one had confirmed it, but looks like it is true. Now I can't find that thread! The service writer said it was the first he had seen of it, and it must have just been put into the system today. He had no idea what the problem or remedy was at this time. He said they usually don't receive the full info on a recall for two or three days. Anyone with definintive info about what the problem is, or what they need to do to fix it, would be appreciated. I just found the original post by Gutman on 12/16, and he was right! As usual we find out about it first on here. Still not sure if the bars need replacing though, if anyone has the details, still would be appreciated.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:19 AM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Dyna Handlebar Recall?

Dealer has to order Recall Kits for the Safety Campaign......

You will get a new set of bars that are a little bit beefier (Heavier Walled Tube), and a slightly different hole design for the internal wiring entrance and exit.....

The new bars are not ready for release yet, but will be force-fed to the dealers that submit their requests....

Old 12-19-2006, 01:23 AM
mtb017
Advanced

Thanks Shovelhead for your reply!
That was fast! You have always proved to be on top of things here, and once again, you are well ahead of the curve! Thanks, you have helped me a few times here!
Happy Holidays, Bob

Old 12-19-2006, 01:54 AM
xwizard44
Advanced

I would be careful if you ride with the recalled handlebars. They are breaking on both sides of the slot where the wires go into the handlebars. My friends broke will riding, major vibration in the handlebars, hard to control, He got it to the side of the road and trailered it to dealer.

Old 12-19-2006, 02:55 AM
clayman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this recall on all dynas.

Old 12-19-2006, 04:10 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

Yeah, what year and models? All Dynas? 06+ up? Damn, I was just thinking of getting some 16.5 in apes. I wonder if it affects my bob will the dealer do the labor for free if I purchase the bars and cables from them? This could turn out to be a good thing!

Old 12-19-2006, 10:32 AM
mtb017
Advanced

The recall applies only to the early 2006 Wide Glides built before January 2006, to my knowledge.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:59 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

Do the wideglides and the street bob have the same handle bars? I thought they were both the same mini apes. I guess I'll have to wait and see if I get a recall notice. I just got down fixing the battery tray bolt recall myself. Glad I did, I found the battery tender wire pinched pretty good. Since I ride mine often I just removed the tender wire and did away with the "hanging wire" look. I was thinking of notching the plastic tray so the wire would not be pinched but opted for the easy way out.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Only for the WG's.... They have internally wired bars.... The SB's have the "Original" WG bars, and are externally wired....

You won't get a notice unless you have a WG....

Old 12-19-2006, 11:02 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,023 Likes on 2,102 Posts

ORIGINAL: Shovelhead Bob

Only for the WG's.... They have internally wired bars.... The SB's have the "Original" WG bars, and are externally wired....

You won't get a notice unless you have a WG....
Shovel, can you confirm the built before January 06 statement by mtb??

mud

Quick Reply: Dyna Handlebar Recall?