Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bag Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Dave_E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bag Question

Remember about 1999 or so, there was a Dyna Convertible, it had quick take off bags. I'm really still want a Street Bob, the wife likes the Road King Classic. I don't want one of those big pigs, but would like bags and a jump seat and windshield once and awhile for weekend trips. Do any of you have the quick takeoff stuff (sissy bar racks, windshield etc) and how much of a pain is it to swap over? Thanks fo rthe insight.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:48 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Bag Question

I only have the windshield. Takes about 10 seconds. I don't like how it looks on the Street Bob, but it is very functional for long freeway trips or very cold weather.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:05 AM
mikec
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the quick detachable wind shield and q.d. saddle
bags. Bags come off in about 20 seconds and it looks
clean. THe wind shield comes off clean also, but be
carefull, the clamps have snaped on me once so far.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:56 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude..go get yourself a copy of this month's American Rider magazine. They have an in-depth article which talks about exactly what you want to do....i.e. bags, sissybar, windshield..all quick detach. And they claim..."transform in 60 seconds" Personally, I think it's more like a couple minutes..but, hey..whatever they say.

Todd

Old 12-19-2006, 01:06 AM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Easy pickens to remove and put it all back on. No regrets here.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:52 AM
siramazing
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife's bike is a 98 dyna convertible the bags go on and off easily. I don't know about the windshield, we haven't yet tried to take it off.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:56 PM
gliderider
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a T-sport (successor to the convertible, I believe) and I can take off or put on bags and W-shield (includes mini-fairing) in about 2 minutes. The bad thing is, with the fairing off, there are about 128 wires in a big ugly mess behind the headlight. This spring I'm getting a small fork mount bag to hide them.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:23 PM
ItsaHarley
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The American Rider article lays it all out, part numbers and price. I'v done just about everything they had there except I went with some boss bags instead (bigger bags). I can convert from stripped with solo seat to full on tour in less than 10 minutes. If I had an actual second seat rather than having to attach the pillion to my solo, the conversion would be just a minute. That's winshield, seat, sisybar w/ luggage rack, and saddle bags.The only things left behind are the small docking points on the fender strut.

The American Rider magazine had midpegs only. I would highly recommend getting some highway pegs or changing to forwards for extended saddle time.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:56 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem at all, Dave. I have the detacheable windshield, bags and sissy bar and it all goes on and off in seconds. Durable, practical, and convenient. I can't recommend it enough. I'm very pleased.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:05 AM
watriff
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 06 LowRider has quick detach windshield, sissy bar (w/luggage rack), saddlebags, and seat (I have 2up & solo). Here's an animated GIF I made before I added a few more goodies like my V&H Big Radius pipes:

Quick Reply: Bag Question