Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New FXDC "Mistress" is home

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 08:00 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New FXDC "Mistress" is home

Finally picked up my new bike Friday & rode her home!
Here are some pics of "Mistress"just for you Rooti!

Got to put about 120 miles on her this weekend, but it has been pretty chilly here so I didn't get to ride much...looks like some warmer weather coming so hopefully I'll get quite a bit of seat time in this week!

Here's what I had the dealer add to her before I picked it up:
19" super sport windshield
SE stage 1 breather kit
3" V&H slip-ons
HD forward controls
tall sissy bar with backrest
SE Race Tuner Pro (going to dyno at 1,000 mile service)

This weekend I added the smoked turn signal kit and LED brake light with clear lens. Also removed the ugly sticker on the breather cover, lol.

Here's my initial impressions:

There is no comparison to the 1200C I traded in. The Dyna rides much better, handles much better, looks better, and has an *** load more torque. The dyna is much easier to ride and handle period, even at stop lights it's much better balanced.

My Sporty Custom was set up right & I didn't expect there to be that much difference in the two, but I was wrong. After an hour or two on the Sporty, I was ready to get off and stretch and rest my *** & legs. After an hour & a half on the dyna I didn't even feel like I had been riding. I could see putting in an 8 hour day on the dyna no problem. The Dyna is much better in wind gusts as well, I'm sure due to weight. I love the 100mm 19" front tire as opposed to the 80mm 21" on my Sporty...huge difference.

The Sporty was a great bike, but I will have to say that there are a lot of people that say a Sporty is a beginner's bike or a girl's bike, but they're wrong because the Dyna is easier to ride & handle than my Sporty was.
Biggest difference I notice is coming to and taking off from a stop...the Dyna is much more controlled and easier to handle and better balanced. I feel like I'm sitting "in" it rather than "on" it like the Sporty.

I love the 3" V&H slip-ons I had put on! They sound great & they are fairly loud. They have a nice deep rumble at idle, but really bark under even moderate accelleration. I'm very happy with all the accessories/mods I had installed & glad I did a lot of research first. The only thing I can see changing is I would like for the front pegs to be longer(stick out more). At some point I'm going to get some different & longer pegs, and use the stock ones to put my stock mid mounts back on just to have another foot position.

I've rode a stock FXDC, and I can say that the brether, slip-ons & SE race tuner pro make a HUGE difference vs. stock!...my bike runs like a stripped *** ape!
It will be even better after the dyno is done & it's all dialed in perfect.

In a nut shell....I made all the right decisions with my bike & very happy with it! Can't wait to get 1,000 miles on her so I can get my dyno done.

Attached Thumbnails New FXDC "Mistress" is home-left-side.jpg   New FXDC "Mistress" is home-right-front-2.jpg   New FXDC "Mistress" is home-right-rear.jpg   New FXDC "Mistress" is home-right-side.jpg  
Old 02-20-2012, 08:11 AM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Sweet bike, I know! We (the wife and I) just picked up her 2012 SGC on 3 days ago. Already started the mods, and the V&H Big Radius (2-2) pipes were ordered last night. That Dyna is a sweet little Hot Rod!

Interesting comparison to your Sporty. My wife rode a friends Nightster before picking the SGC. She also said the SGC was easier to ride than the Sporty ...better balance.

Pics ...

New FXDC "Mistress" is home-003.jpg

New FXDC "Mistress" is home-008.jpg

Old 02-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by AK BAGGER
Congrats! Sweet bike, I know! We (the wife and I) just picked up her 2012 SGC on 3 days ago. Already started the mods, and the V&H Big Radius (2-2) pipes were ordered last night. That Dyna is a sweet little Hot Rod!

Interesting comparison to your Sporty. My wife rode a friends Nightster before picking the SGC. She also said the SGC was easier to ride than the Sporty ...better balance.

Pics ...

Attachment 233608

Attachment 233609
Nice bike! Your wife will love the Super Glide! My wife is considering taking a rider's course & wants to get a bike of her own at some point. She loves the Sporty 48, but after experiencing how much easier to handle the Dyna is now, that when the time comes time to get her a bike I'm going to try and talk her into a Dyna instead. I thought the extra 100lbs. would make it feel "bulkier", but it's just the opposite. The Dyna is a dream to ride & handle.
Good luck with your mods & accessories!

Old 02-20-2012, 09:31 AM
bobnehoc
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on your new ride!!! I also had a sporty as my first HD. 25+ years ago and people said the same stuff, girls bike, newbie were are your training wheels...Ignorant inbreds, thats what they were and when I had the chance I would show them what a sporty can do. Mine was worked and it would blow the doors off of there big twins....Enjoy your new ride and I hope the weather warms up for you real soon....

Old 02-20-2012, 09:39 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Mistress is correct, but don't let your better 1/2 catch you spending more time w/it vs. her...

Sweet Dyna - enjoy the new scoot & break 'er in right...!!

Old 02-20-2012, 09:51 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Congratulations! Sounds like your 'mistress' is working out perfectly. Ride Safe!

Old 02-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Mistress is correct, but don't let your better 1/2 catch you spending more time w/it vs. her...

Sweet Dyna - enjoy the new scoot & break 'er in right...!!
Wife named her since she said "now you'll want to spend more time with her and ride her more than you do me". LOL! All in good fun & she's cool & loves the bike too...just likes to give me a hard time.

Mechanics & also sales manager @ the dealer told me to forget the manual "break in procedure" ride the **** out of it & it will have more power and less problems in the long run.
So far I've not run the **** out of it really, but I haven't taken it easy either. I'm riding it like I'm going to ride it & done some pretty descent accellerating. No 100% full throttle, but ran it through the gears pretty hard several times & seen around 4,500 on the tach a few times in the first 120 miles. Doing a lot of downshifting as well when slowing as some have recommended.
Hope I'm breaking it in the way I should...

Old 02-20-2012, 11:07 AM
cycler
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

She is beautiful. Congrats and enjoy her.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Chief21
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats!! Sweet looking ride. I too am really starting to get ansy. Going to get mine home in the next week or so, got some mods to do on my own.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:03 PM
justglidin
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to dyna family!!!! You wont regret the change.

Quick Reply: New FXDC "Mistress" is home