Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New FXDC "Mistress" is home

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 01:23 PM
voneville
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bike looks great.

Funny, I posted almost the exact same impression on my FXDC VS my 883C. After putting about 500 miles on the Dyna I rode the old girl about 40 miles to drop it off at the buyers house and couldn't wait to get off the damn thing! Girls bike my ***, Sportsters are torture racks and by far the most difficult Harley to master I honestly think Softails are about the best Harley for shorter people, Dyna's coming in second.

I still love Sportsters and would own one again as long as it didn't require giving up my Dyna. I'd love to have a little barhopper with a hot 1250cc in a rigid frame.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:25 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats ...

... very nice ... enjoy the new bike and welcome to the Dyna forum ...

R/
'Chop

Old 02-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by voneville
Bike looks great.

Funny, I posted almost the exact same impression on my FXDC VS my 883C. After putting about 500 miles on the Dyna I rode the old girl about 40 miles to drop it off at the buyers house and couldn't wait to get off the damn thing! Girls bike my ***, Sportsters are torture racks and by far the most difficult Harley to master I honestly think Softails are about the best Harley for shorter people, Dyna's coming in second.

I still love Sportsters and would own one again as long as it didn't require giving up my Dyna. I'd love to have a little barhopper with a hot 1250cc in a rigid frame.
I'm with ya Von...after riding the Dyna the Sporty seems pretty crude and difficult to handle. I totally agree that a Sporty is not the "girl's bike" or "beginner Harley" a lot claim it to be....maybe a beginner bike from a price/affordability perspective but that's it. Glad I owned a Sporty first, now I have a good perspective for comparison.

I however wish I could have kept the Sporty though for a short-tripper, but after riding the Dyna I doubt it would have gotten ridden much since it was set up in Custom trim with extras similar to my Dyna. I too would love to have another Sporty in the garage someday in addition to the Dyna, but a stripped down version...I dig the 48 and the new 72, but just for a solo fun, run around town thing.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:55 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you got it home, looks great! The sporty was my first bike and it was hard to learn on. The first time I test drove the dyna I was more then comfortable on it. I blew away a few dyna's on the sporty, and I've just gotten to the point on the dyna where I can now say the dyna would blow away my old sporty.

The big difference in comfort is on the freeway...

Old 02-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rooti
Glad you got it home, looks great! The sporty was my first bike and it was hard to learn on. The first time I test drove the dyna I was more then comfortable on it. I blew away a few dyna's on the sporty, and I've just gotten to the point on the dyna where I can now say the dyna would blow away my old sporty.

The big difference in comfort is on the freeway...
Thanks Rooti!
I've had a lot of bikes over the years in many different forms, but I would say the Sporty would not be a good bike for a true beginner compared to many others.

You're right...highway comfort is huge & I'm most impressed with it when coming to a stop and taking off from a stop...much more controlled and better balanced.

I've riden several bone stock Dynas, and from the seat of the pants feel the race tuner in combination with the breather & exhaust made a HUGE difference....my Sporty ran very well, but my Dyna would smoke it easily at any speed/rpm. Can't wait to get it on the Dyno @ 1,000 miles and really get it dialed in! Can't imagine what some cams would do..

Old 02-20-2012, 03:27 PM
voneville
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sharkman73
I however wish I could have kept the Sporty though for a short-tripper, but after riding the Dyna I doubt it would have gotten ridden much since it was set up in Custom trim with extras similar to my Dyna. I too would love to have another Sporty in the garage someday in addition to the Dyna, but a stripped down version...I dig the 48 and the new 72, but just for a solo fun, run around town thing.
I just checked out the 72, if that had come out before I bought my Dyna I might have gone that way instead. Wish my OL rode so I'd have an excuse to buy one, that is a clean looking bike. I got to hand it to HD, they're doing good things with the Softail and Sportster line up. The new "Slim" is a good looking bike for a slushtail. IMO the Dyna line is hurting a bit. I think the Switch Back is nice but I wish they kept the regular old Super Glide in the line up.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Blackbobber
Cruiser

Nice Ride!

Old 02-20-2012, 05:20 PM
DCWilcox61
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Real nice scoot! Enjoy!

Old 02-20-2012, 05:54 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Congrats on the new Dyna. They are great bikes. I was thinking of adding a Sporty but decided against it after reading many post like yours.

As far as the OL goes, prove her wrong about which one gets ridden more. Just saying....dd50

Old 02-20-2012, 07:14 PM
biketroll
Tourer

Cograts on the ride, I love riding my SGC.

Quick Reply: New FXDC "Mistress" is home