Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help needed with PC III set up

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Babe
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed with PC III set up

I've just finished fitting V&H BSS, Scramjet air filter and a PC III with map 805-510. The bike starts OK - and sounds awesome, but the engine fault lights comes on immediately. The bike is a 2006 Low Rider, HD International model (HDI) without O2 sensors, and consequently I've not fitted the supplied termination resistors because the wiring is not there to do so. The only other difference is the connection to the intake actuator solenoid, that was in the stock HDI air filter housing, is now disconnected and open ended.

Has anyone any suggestions as to what the problem might be, and how I may resolve it?

Note. The PC III is active because the fuel light scrolls up and down the range when the engine spins.

Old 12-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Babe
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help needed with PC III set up

The amount of information available on this site is fantastic, and a credit to all you posters out there.

Re my initial post. I found a link to Harley's diagnostic codes on this that pointed me directly to the fault, which was, as I suspected, the disconnected air intake solenoid. All I need to do now is find an auto electrician who can make me up a dummy termination plug to match the 16 ohm resistance of the solenoid!