Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynabeads/ no on tubes

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dynabeads/ no on tubes

Finally got my Michilin commander two's mounted and on the bike. Man those spacers are a pain in the butt. I thought I had got to the easy part putting the beads in the tube. I mean the website says they work just fine in tubes as well as tires/ NOT. The darn things kept getting caught up in the stem and plugging it. Tried using the shop air to clear the stem, but it didn't matter. Took the wheel and tire back off again, ARGGGGG. Took it to the local indy and he told me beads work great on tubeless tires but not tubes regardless what the website says. So got her balanced to old fashioned way and put back together, and it went faster and better the second time. Looking forward to going on a good ride and see how the new Michilin Commanders perform. The mileage will be awhile yet. I'll let you know.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:14 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

I put them in many tubed tires. First time was a biatch! Once I got the rhythm, slow & easy, it was a piece of cake. Make sure the tire is off the ground the valve is in the 5 or 7 o'clock position. Feed them in slowly while tapping the tube. And your indy doesn't have a clue.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:26 PM
DYJ
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We've been using copper bee bees in our rock crawlers and 4x4's for years. I wonder if there is any advantage to those dynabeads. What are they made of?

Old 02-15-2012, 02:38 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Same problem in tubelss tires - you just need to be VERY patient and as metioned used a screwdriver handle or something to tap on the bottle and the stem. They WILL go in but it can be very slow - I think about 15 minutes per tire.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Bagger Jim
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Was thinking of using them when I change the rear tire. Do they really work?

Old 02-15-2012, 02:57 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Either they work or my tires were perfectly balanced on install - which seems unlikely, I will never put wheel weights on again.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:23 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

They are made of ceramic beads. I gave up on installing mine and had the tire balanced. They wouldn't work with the valve stems on my FXD wheels

Old 02-15-2012, 03:34 PM
MXerwithaBob
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they work great, you needed to be more patient. I used an engraver against the valve stem, worked great.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
First time was a biatch! Once I got the rhythm, slow & easy, it was a piece of cake. Feed them in slowly while tapping the tube. And your indy doesn't have a clue.
Originally Posted by p51bombay
Same problem in tubelss tires - you just need to be VERY patient and as metioned used a screwdriver handle or something to tap on the bottle and the stem. They WILL go in but it can be very slow - I think about 15 minutes per tire.
Yeah, those.

I'm running a solid (fatboy) tubeless wheel on the rear and a tubed wheel on the front. Dyna beads in both. Tapping on the valve stem worked for me, but it took a while. Next time, I'm going to try something that vibrates (like a palm sander) or I'll ask my ex if I can borrow her vibrating toy.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:29 PM
ntculenuf
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have tubeless tires and the first time i put the beads in didn't seem to be much of an issue. patience is key, but for some reason when i put them in my new front tire it was a pain. i even tried a dremel tool as suggested but that didn't seem to help at all. good thing i ordered 2 bags cause while trying to get the 1st bag in i was fighting with the bottle a little, the tube disconnected from the stem and fell out of my hands. beads every where lol

Quick Reply: Dynabeads/ no on tubes