Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynabeads/ no on tubes

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Bagger Jim
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

My indy will install them at the time of a tire change for free (labor). I just have to buy the beads, which aren't that expensive. Under 10 bucks I think.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
I put them in many tubed tires. First time was a biatch! Once I got the rhythm, slow & easy, it was a piece of cake. Make sure the tire is off the ground the valve is in the 5 or 7 o'clock position. Feed them in slowly while tapping the tube. And your indy doesn't have a clue.
Yeah I did all of that slowly, tapping the tube, using the shop air. Nothing worked. Anyway it never mentioned all of that on the package from the manufacturer. taking fifteen minutes and the like. If you had good luck with them well i'm happy for you, but they wouldn't go in my tube tire so I'll just go back to the way it used to be and is instead of a bunch of rolling glass beads in my tire.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MXerwithaBob
they work great, you needed to be more patient. I used an engraver against the valve stem, worked great.
I thought I was being very patient since the instructions didn't call for patience. They just continue to get stacked up in the tube and wouldn't go into the tire tube. Oh well it is done and I am happy hope you have many miles of happy riding.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:40 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 176 Likes on 88 Posts

An 1/8" drill down the valve stem and something to vibrate the beads through the stem. Maybe the wife will let you use Bob (battery operated boyfriend)

Old 02-15-2012, 10:11 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

like said above my wheels are either perfectly balanced or these beads work great , cannot beat it for the money

Old 02-16-2012, 06:22 AM
JohnFlorida
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SamStone
An 1/8" drill down the valve stem and something to vibrate the beads through the stem. Maybe the wife will let you use Bob (battery operated boyfriend)
Yep, 1/8 inch drill will do it. Call the manufacturer and they'll tell you the same thing. Tubes sometimes have a blockage

Old 02-16-2012, 07:23 AM
tryus
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DYJ
We've been using copper bee bees in our rock crawlers and 4x4's for years. I wonder if there is any advantage to those dynabeads. What are they made of?
They are a very dense ceramic or similar material. Very heavy. Supposed to not absorb moisture or corrode. They work perfectly. I change tube at each tire change and I've never had any problems.
One thing for sure, if take your weights off, put them in and then put your tire on a spin balancer, it will be balanced!

Old 02-16-2012, 11:04 AM
yso191
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best way is to not go through the valve stem, but break the seal on the tire and just dump them in. Obviously this wouldn't work on tube tires.

I love them. I have many thousand miles on them and will not go back to wheel weights.

Steve

Old 02-16-2012, 12:57 PM
edauth
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They do work excellent, we use Equal tire balance(fine sand) in our shop which is the same principle as dyna beads, inside thousands of steer tires on large trucks with also excellent results. Basically they rebalance every time you stop and start, and no ugly wheel weights.

Last edited by edauth; 02-16-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:35 PM
HarleyGyrene
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep. Patience is the key. Just put them in my '97 this year and it has NEVER ridden this smooth !

Quick Reply: Dynabeads/ no on tubes