Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auxiliary turn signal mirror

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PhotoRider
yes and they require a little converter harness (with PC board) that takes the standard 3 wire front turns to 2 wire. The leds in the mirror light full with the driving lights and blink on/off with the turns. The converter basically turns the lights on-off when the turn signal wire toggles.

If you didn't get that harness its expensive ($50 ea and ya need two)

You could just run turns and forget the driving lights, but if you remove the stock ones you lose lighting...
Bet that harness is doing the same thing I mentioned with the resistor or some simlar setup. It's dropping voltage to the light for the running light then allowing the full power for the turn signal to go through to the light.

I'm sure if you ask some guys that know electronics they could tell you how to set something up like this for a LOT less than the $100 Harley is wanting to charge...of course it won't be as "tidey" I'm sure.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:45 PM
2011 FXDB
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhotoRider
.... The OP doesn't have the wiring harnesses - just the mirrors I believe. ....
Looks like the harness can be purchased for $30.

Link to Item

Link to Instructions with Part Numbers

Old 02-15-2012, 09:27 PM
iDodgimus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the harness on mine and just went down to the garage to remove the bulbs from the stock signals to see what happens...

Well, the sigs flash fast but after turning them on/off a couple times they settles into the regular speed... Looks like I'll be unplugging them from the harness and relocating them to the garbage!

OP, if you want the running lights the harness makes it very easy, just plug and go!